IGNORED

AB Valve Question

17 hours ago, Richie G said:

Connecting the vacuum control port initially i have no pressure held, but, if i close off the smaller pipe like this it will hold pressure.

Closing the larger pipe does not hold pressure BTW.  As soon as i lift my finger from the smaller pipe it release pressure slowly.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "smaller pipe". There are three connections to the device... One small (1/8 inch?) control connection, and two larger (5/8 inch?) connections. I thought the two larger connections were the same size at about 5/8 inch? That's not the case?

Gotcha. So there is a leak between the small control connection and the 5/8 connection that goes to the balance tube? But the side that goes to the air cleaner seals up tight?

If the leak from the control line to the balance tube connection is a small leak, the valve may work OK. As long as the side leading to the air cleaner is sealed, it won't create a vacuum leak. Give it a try in application and see if you it opens briefly when you let off the throttle.

Test procedure is described in the fsm:
anti backfire valve.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Returned from vacation to find my valve from @zKars, installed and after oil change, radiator flush and fill, and fresh tank of gas she fired up pretty easily. Works great thank you so much all especially @zKars for the part.

• Like 3