IGNORED

Steering / Suspension makeover 280z

Search car parts find the number google it. You will find a number of dealers that have them. My suggestion as I did was go down to the local dealer talk to the parts manager and tell him about your project. Chances are he will give you a break. Have the p/n’s ready and he can search. You won’t pay shipping . Worked for me over my journey. Educate yourself and things will come together. Do the research and they will take you seriously.

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

Page 4

Not too far in, page #4...besides there's lot's of interesting info in those pages.

Thanks @Patcon really appreciate it. This seems to be the right part. I was a bit confused as I was seeing a different type from energy suspension etc. The original part has this extended sleeve. I hope once it is pressed in the traverse link it is easy to slide that in between the support bracket...

The fit is snug but it will go in. Be mindful there is a front and back side to the bushing. Also the bushings need to be torqued with load on the car! If you do it with the car unloaded the car will sit higher.

• Agree 3

45 minutes ago, Patcon said:

The fit is snug but it will go in. Be mindful there is a front and back side to the bushing. Also the bushings need to be torqued with load on the car! If you do it with the car unloaded the car will sit higher.

You mean someone sitting in the car while it is torqued? why is that?

1 hour ago, MH77280Z said:

You mean someone sitting in the car while it is torqued? why is that?

Technically yes. Car on the ground. Roll it back and forth a few times to let the suspension settle. Throw 150#s of olympic weights in the drivers seat and torque it down.

The center section of the bushing is metal and bonded really well with rubber to the metal outer shell! When it gets torqued down it can't rotate freely anymore. The only rotation is the rubber flexing. So if you trap it in a position where the car sits higher, then the range of motion from the rubber bushing is higher overall (ie the car will sit higher)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2