IGNORED

Where To Make Cuts

texasz

I have yet to pull the roof off of my car so i cant give you an exact place... but I would try to leave other panels intact so they can also get used...

https://industrygarage.com/products/datsun-s30-carbon-fiber-roof?variant=42236566569176

I'm assuming that someone would be looking for a similar shape as what these guys sell, maybe just give the buyer the A-Pillar as well, its always nice to have more then cut back into what you need.

• Agree 3

On 10/14/2024 at 3:42 PM, texasz said:

I have a shell that I'm about to cut up for parts to save other cars.  I will not need the roof and will be putting it up for sale.  Where should I make the cuts for this piece?

Get a propane torch and go back about 3-5 inches on the rear pillars above the quarter windows. Melt the body lead out and you'll see the welded junction between the roof skin and the quarter skin. Cut through the rear pillars there at the junction. Just go down a bit on the A pillars and cut through there. Turn it over and drill out the MANY spot welds and you can pull the entire roof skin intact off the roof skeleton.

OR - give it to someone else that way and leave them to remove the skin from the skeleton... It's safer to handle with the skeleton still attached.

Edited by cgsheen1
  • Like 1