IGNORED

Combination Switch - Washer Button - Issues

LorenB667

So, since I'm between shows, I figured I'd get a little bit of tiny bits dealt with. I figured I'd do the combination switch. Everything was going fine, got all the plastic cleaned up and polished, cleaned up the contacts on the headlight/wipers/washer side, and then an issue popped up. The washer button is sitting too deep into the wiper section. 

I looked at the video I took while disassembling it (I figured I forget easily so I might as well) and I can't see anything that would cause such a thing. I thought I'd compare the rod for the washer button and the tube for the washer handle to see if there was a difference in length and it looks like the washer button sits fully on the washer handle tube and the start of the recessed section that the plastic retainer fits into comes flush to the base of the washer handle tube. Unfortunately, I have no idea if that's right because I didn't capture that bit on the video.

I'm not moving on for this because there's really no point in that until I've got this solved.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I'm missing?