52crankman's Content - Page 2 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

52crankman

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 52crankman

  1. Anyone have any experience with White Post Restorations or Harmon Classic Brakes for master vac rebuild?
  2. There are short and tall caps. Had to make sure I requested the tall ones when I got my wheels last Septemeber from Aspec Wheel.
  3. I know where I can get them but no one seems to do the stenciling or can tell me how to do it.
  4. I purchased the steel lines from Classic Tube near Bufffalo, NY for my 1972 240Z. I then had them zinc plated to look like original. Great to work with and good fit. Need to be careful with SS lines. They are hard to seal.
  5. Has anyone got a method for stenciling one of the replacement master vac decals? Would like to stencil the numbers from my original decal (see attachment).
  6. I was able to find staples the same width as the original hole spacing. The were rectangular instead of round so I opened up the diameter of the holes slightly. You can then carefully push the staple through the original holes. Then I used long nose pliers to bend the legs over on each staple. Time consuming but it looks good.
  7. These look different than the original ones. Will they work in my original black connector as shown in the attached picture. Any chance you have any of the original type?
  8. Steve: did you happen to find a connector for my 1972 240Z?
  9. Yes female. It is one of the 3 connectors on the black plug that the headlight plugs in to.
  10. Sorry; 1972 240Z.
  11. Any suggestions for trouble shooting the parking brake light. It does not illuminate when you pull on the parking brake. Have checked the connection and seems ok. All dash lights were recently changed. How do you check the voltage and where? What fuse is the brake line on? Have changed all fuses but no luck.
  12. Need a source for a replacement headlight connector. I broke one while disassembling the headlight.
  13. All of the sudden the trouble light in the engine bay and the gauge lights quit working. Can't seem to find any fuse that is blown. Anyone know which fuse to check? Are they both on the same fuse? I had the main fuse box loose to check connections but everything seems OK.
  14. Thanks
  15. 52crankman posted a topic in Interior
    Anyone know where to source the felt (weather whisker strip) at the top of the door panel for a 1972 240Z?
  16. Can someone please tell me which way the arrow (see attached picture showing arrow on side of mount) is supposed to point for proper orientation of the rear transmission mount.
  17. Thanks for all of the replies. I ordered this one because price was right and had the grommet assembled. I think I will try using the old grommet by slicing it.
  18. Just purchased a replacement cable from Motorsport Auto and have a problem with the grommet that came assembled to it. It looks like they assembled the incorrect grommet. As you can see the new grommet is much larger. The hole is only 7/8” dia. The old grommet OD is 1-1/8” and the new one is 1-1/2”. I cannot squeeze the new one into the hole. They say this is the only way it comes. Has anyone else ordered and used this cable. If so, what did you do to get it to fit?
  19. Can you tell me what steps you used for shallow cracks, where the vinyl has become brittle and cracked but not deep. Do these areas need to be ground deeper and filled with great stuff or can you just sand and apply bumper repair.
  20. I am reconditioning all of the ducting and am curious why the ducting for the front vent uses foam weatherstripping on the inside . I do not see how this is useful. Anybody know the reasoning for it. See picture.
  21. However the blades are curved and will not provide maximum air flow running in the wrong direction.
  22. Did you find an impeller for the TYC with the vanes in the correct direction like the original? If so, where can I get one.
  23. So do you know the correct part number for the American version?
  24. I just purchased a TYC blower assembly to replace my original assembly. However when I compared it to the original the fan impeller blades are facing the wrong direction (see photo: original is on left and new on the right). Does anyone know if you can replace the fan impeller with the proper facing blades. If not, do you happen to know if TYC makes the same blower assembly with the correct impeller.
  25. I am refurbishing my halfshafts and would like to know what people are using for lubrication of the ball and spacer splines inside the sleeve yokes. The manual calls for MIL G2108 or G 10924 grease. Has anyone tried a CV joint grease. It seems a bit thin but might be better for sliding friction. Also seeing some minor scuffing on the spline surfaces and some minor circumferential scratches on some of the nylon spacers. Is this normal. I have used some fine polishing paper on the splines to remove minor imperfections.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.