Everything posted by DatsunZGuy
-
A/C completely rebuilt...R12 or 134????
Albeit not my 240Z, I swapped out the R-12 on my 1993 MR2 to Freeze 12 about a year ago. No problems with the switch and I am very satisfied.
-
What do I do with the A/C..is it worth it
I removed my old R12 A/C system and will most likely opt for a newer R134 unit when the time comes. http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=240Z-AC
-
Replating Hardware
Never used this company, but they do have special pricing for club members. http://www.restoration-specialties.net/Plating.htm
-
New Paint for the old race car
The race Z looks really nice! I'm sure the car will be a hit at the MSA show next week. You need to post a couple of shots of your red '70 street car too.
-
Just one of those days...
-
ZRush - sad news
I am sorry to hear of Scott's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Vicky.
-
paint
Sorry the link is useless to us since it's pointing to your local dive
-
need tips on my 240z
Welcome to the forum. What do you mean by "make it better"? That's a pretty general statement. Is there an issue with misfiring, flooding, etc... Do you have dreams of going down the 1/4 mile in under 10 seconds? Details, please.
-
new member-exhaust fumes in interior ???
the condition and seal of the rear taillight gaskets. In addtion, some owners also had good luck when they extended the tailpipe past the rear bumper a few extra inches.
-
Hagerty or other collector car insurance?
I have $10,000.00 agreed value coverage on my '72 and paying $106.00/year with Hagerty.
-
Source for original or reproduction manuals?
Mike @ Banzai should have them. http://www.zzxdatsun.com/
-
Source for Interior parts
Another source: http://store.datsunspirit.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=4
-
Original Keys pictures
-
Vinyl substitute?
Purchased mine via mail order. It sprays on clear and has a slight texture, but a satin finish. I sprayed this stuff on the black fairing on my motorcycle to prevent stone chips from the front wheel.
-
Vinyl substitute?
This stuff works great!
-
Couldn't upload images????
-
Correct Color Of Tailight Panel Nd Grill?
When you say the tail light panels and grill are different colors are you factoring in fading? For example, there is a shot of my rear panel in this thread that shows a profound difference where my license plate hid the panel behind it from exposure to the sun. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13593&highlight=Color+grill%2Frear+tail+light+panel This post gives you the recipe to mix the formula up yourself: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33044&postcount=5
- Road Trip!
-
Low Oil Pressure???
Yup...that's a normal 240Z alright. Oil pressure too low, engine temperature too high
-
Dash on Ebay....
Early toggle style hazard switch and speedo starting at 20 mph. Looks to be a 1970 dash.
-
Which new battery most resembles original?
I have a maintenance free battery in my car that measures 8 ½ “(H) x 6 ½†(W) x 10†(L). It fits in the frame just right. As for trying to locate the most authentic looking battery, all the ones I’ve seen that are vintage looking reproductions have ‘DELCO’ or ‘FOMOCO’ written on the side. A suggestion is to use a modern battery with the proper dimensions and cover it with the old Nissan OEM plastic battery cover of that era.
-
Choke lever mounting
I reinforced the choke mounting area with sheet metal and applied two-part epoxy putty around the holes where it attaches with the screws.
-
Question..??? original carbs or replaced..pic included
Page 8 of my Black Dragon catalog shows you car as being a 1973 model (12001-172732), based on your VIN. That said, I would venture to say your carbs have been swapped.
-
New Z Owner in Utah
Welcome! I have very fond memories of Logan. I met my future wife while we were both stationed at Hill AFB. We would dive up to Logan often and spend time at the park there by the stream and feed the ducks and geese. I recall that was the place where I decided she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. 19 years later, I am still with her. Again, welcome to the club and I hope you enjoy many years with your Z.
-
240 WHITE interior..Any pictures?
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.