wight92's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

wight92

New Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by wight92

  1. wight92 replied to wight92's topic in Interior
    Thank you all for your input, I am leaning to the 905 again, I have removed about everthing but the dash and the motor and part of me thinks now the time to make the decision but I still have rust issues to resolve so it will be a while, anyway I guess I will check my budget closer to the when the car is actually ready for paint. I have budgeted about $3000 for the paint and body sounds like I am a little low. I am doing all the work now, but I have no illusion of trying to paint it myself. I am replacing both front fenders and one headlight bucket if any of you have a good lead on those parts. I will not skimp on the paint when I do get to it. I am just taking my time killing rust now. I have two grills to 260 or 280 that I mistakingly got thinking they would fit a 71 if anyone is interested. I already got a new carpet kit, weatherstripping kit, new windshield, valance, turnsignals, hood. My dad rolled it into a bird feeder 15 years ago, doing slight but irritating damage. any way thatnk you for all of your input.
  2. wight92 posted a topic in Interior
    I am in the process of getting out all the rust..........but continue to day dream of the day I will get it all painted and pretty again. I am not sure if I should repaint my 1971 all orginal 240z the factory 905 red or change it to a color I would perfer more, maybe a factory silver..... I removed everything inside but the dash in my rust survey. If I choose another color I will have to remove the engine and do the engine compartment also. the engine comparment only needs minor paint touchups now. Not sure what the added cost would be for a painter to pull the engine. Hell, I am not even sure I can afford a good paint job. those of you who have gotton nice paint jobs could you tell me about what I am looking at price wise and maybe help me see the cons of a full color change.. thanks MW

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.