AndysPlit's Content - Page 13 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

AndysPlit

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AndysPlit

  1. AndysPlit commented on scoutman75's gallery image in Vintage
  2. The 280ZX's are just as reliable as any first gen Z-car. I don't think there is a "bad" year with the S130 series. For your mentioned 8K for a ZX, I would say you should have no trouble finding a car in great shape with relatively low miles for that price or under. I'm sure you can find a good one for half that price. I've never heard of staying away from automatics. I know a lot of Z31 people hate automatics though. My Z31's auto tranny is out of commision so my 280 is my daily until I get the Z31 repaired.
  3. (800)633-6331 http://motorsportauto.com ...Not sure, but they may have reproduction parts for this area. Give them a call first.
  4. I guess we better start counting then!
  5. Funny. That's exactly the mileage on my Z. Old Datsuns run forever.
  6. Could it be that Toyota, Honda, and Mazda are in a more desperate position in terms of making the public more concious of their heritage (maybe not)? Does Nissan have the public more aware of it's rich history because of the Z? Something that none of the other manufacturers have is a Z-car; something that has proven to be a landmark in automotive history and has attained true classic status. However, I would agree with you that Nissan should be providing more than vendors at car shows. As far as buying parts for my car, it's been about a few years from the dealer. But, I have gone to the dealer before when all else failed.
  7. How exactly do you mean?
  8. I doubt the injector cleaner had anything to do with your car starting up. There would have been no time for it to circulate through your fuel system, and reach the injectors to make any sort of difference. That and I don't think the results are instantaneous. Good luck nonetheless.
  9. My 86 300ZX 2+2 is a great cruiser and daily driver. Well, was a great daily until the tranny died. Now I'm waiting to fix it. At any rate, my 280Z is more fun to drive, but the ZX's are great daily rides for the aforementioned reasons above. About the only thing that I find more enjoyable about my ZX over the Z are the T-Tops.
  10. Go with NGK plugs.
  11. ....Honestly mine was a blue and silver 280ZX. A friend of my mother's owned one. I was really young, but I remember how cool I thought that car was.
  12. The guy must be blind to do that to a Z.
  13. The closest we ever got to anything "Top Secret" was at the end of HW 375 (the E.T. Highway), south of Rachel, NV. You will find an 8 mile dirt road off of 375 that leads to the "front gate" (no actual gate there) of the alleged Area 51 base. There are plenty of signs posted about being shot should you continue beyond a certain point. Needless to say we took these warnings seriously as there were cameras and guards posted in the surrounding hills above. I doubt many Z's ever get up that close to Area 51! Many parts of the trip were erie in some way. Even during the day when no other car was seen for miles, it was kinda creepy. Loved it nonetheless. As for getting too close, we got as close as we legally could.
  14. It was great. I got a lot of compliments on the car while we were on the road. The valet guys at the MGM in Vegas were checking it out too. I found out that one of them had owned a 240 years ago. Even after the car was covered in dust and dirt from Area 51 (long dirt road) I still got a lot of interest in the car. Funny, it seem like more attention was geared my way as soon as we were out of town.
  15. Thanks! Here's a link of where we went. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=12901639290065572154,36.063269,-116.752087%3B13838695603147431650,35.560990,-114.374330%3B13725028252890483574,34.115350,-115.508830&saddr=637+el+molino+ave,+pasadena,+ca+91101&daddr=shoshone,+ca+to:Badwater+Rd+%4036.063269,+-116.752087+to:furnace+creek+ranch,+death+valley,+ca+to:ubehebe+crater,+ca+to:1+Old+Mill+Rd,+Alamo,+NV+89001+(Little+A'Le'Inn)+to:alamo,+nv+to:3799+las+vegas+blvd,+south,+las+vegas,+nv+89109+to:US-93+S+%4035.560990,+-114.374330+to:oatman,+az+to:831+W+Rte+66,+Williams,+Coconino,+Arizona+86046,+United+States+to:grand+canyon,+az+to:prescott,+az+to:34.161818,-114.353943+to:CA-62+%4034.115350,+-115.508830+to:637+N+El+Molino+Ave,+Pasadena,+Los+Angeles,+California+91101,+United+States&mra=dpe&mrcr=10&mrsp=13&sz=9&via=2,8,13,14&sll=34.066312,-114.301758&sspn=1.563043,2.554321&ie=UTF8&ll=36.129002,-114.840088&spn=6.09445,10.217285&z=7
  16. Horrible. Ugliest 280ZX ever.
  17. .....It was a wonderful journey. The Z made it more memorable and fun! She got us home in one piece with no mechanical issues. Another testament to the car's reliability. I will have pictures posted very soon! Z-ya!
  18. AndysPlit commented on 76Datsun280z's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  19. ...Thanks. Vacation to me is taking the Z out for a road trip. That's the meaning of life right there!
  20. Wow. Too bad you have to call for the pictures. Wonder why he didn't post them.
  21. We'll be leaving on Saturday, and be gone for a week. I just changed the plugs, filters, and a few other things that were recommended. My Z shop (Sunrise) did the brakes. I haven't taken the Z on a roadtrip in nearly 5 years. I'm pretty excited. The last time was to New Orleans and back. I'll share some pictures when we return. I thought some of you would be interested in our exact route. I'll tell ya if we see any UFO's by Area 51! hehe. Check out this link. Again, thanks to everyone for the mechanical advice. It really helped. Z-ya! Andy http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=12901639290065572154,36.063269,-116.752087%3B13838695603147431650,35.560990,-114.374330%3B16408217798319478645,34.158693,-114.355876%3B13725028252890483574,34.115350,-115.508830&saddr=pasadena,+ca+91101&daddr=shoshone,+ca+to:Badwater+Rd+%4036.063269,+-116.752087+to:furnace+creek+ranch,+death+valley,+ca+to:ubehebe+crater,+ca+to:1+Old+Mill+Rd,+Alamo,+NV+89001+(Little+A'Le'Inn)+to:alamo,+nv+to:3799+las+vegas+blvd,+south,+las+vegas,+nv+89109+to:US-93+S+%4035.560990,+-114.374330+to:oatman,+az+to:831+W+Rte+66,+Williams,+Coconino,+Arizona+86046,+United+States+to:grand+canyon,+az+to:prescott,+az+to:CA-62+%4034.158693,+-114.355876+to:CA-62+%4034.115350,+-115.508830+to:Pasadena,+Los+Angeles,+California+91101,+United+States&mra=pe&mrcr=10&via=2,8,13,14&sll=35.782171,-113.444824&sspn=6.121221,10.217285&ie=UTF8&ll=35.969115,-115.125732&spn=6.106819,10.217285&z=7
  22. There Ya Go!
  23. It is indeed awesome. Make sure you get directions to where the car exhibition actually is that Sunday, as it is not in front of the shop like it use to be.
  24. MSA is in Orange County, CA. The West Coast Nationals is April 25-27th. The actual exhibition is on the 27th. See you there. http://motorsportauto.com/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.