Everything posted by TomoHawk
-
What's a Steering Cooler?
I know, Steven. the plan is to re-do the hoses with the correct lengths later. I'll probably put in a cooler then. It shouldn't be hard, because it's on the return side which is low pressure. I might just put some springs on the hard lines that go along the rack to act like fins. The rack is on the crossmember and exposed to air, so that'll help too. Since it's a stronger unit altogether, only the higher RPMs should affect the oil, so I'll be watching the oil colour for a while. thanks for the discussion.
-
What's a Steering Cooler?
It's called Z-Doc's And I don't need no stinkin a/c pump. I have 2-60 air. I'm cool enough as it is.
-
What's a Steering Cooler?
I was able to find some generic info on the subject: Mustang Cobra steering ooler example: http://www.corral.net/tech/handling/pscooler.html Generic U-style oil cooler From Summit racing: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=DER%2D13200 I still need to figure out of I will need one on my 280Z, becausehHighway driving is mostly 3000+ rpm, and I'm planning on doing some travel, like down to FL. I only hope that ol' engine will hold up.
-
What's a Steering Cooler?
I'll bet I can get one, assuming they are not part of the radiator, like the trans oil cooler. I'm just not sure if I really need one yet. The goal for now is to make it functional. Even the hoses will be too long. I'll pretty it up later in summer.
-
finally got my z, now i need a license plate
It's called te Z WALL http://home.tampabay.rr.com/dutch/platez/
-
What's a Steering Cooler?
Yes! I've been saying I'm getting a Mustang rack conversion on there since last November. You don't know how many "experts" have told me "the 280Z doesn't have power steering"
-
Shipping car to Europe
That's an old joke, about how you really can drive a car from NYC to Europe. Years ago, the soviets drove some trucks around the world that way, only using ships to cross the Bering straight to Alaska.
-
What's a Steering Cooler?
Dude, the hydraulic hoses from the power steering pump don't attach to the steering coupler.
-
What's a Steering Cooler?
I think a "steering cooler" is like a trans cooler, but smaller for the steering fluid? I'm almost done with my steering rack and when I went to gewt the hydraulic hoses, they kept asking me if I had the cooler. thx
-
molded das caps.
Bill-- I have a half cap you can have. Looks like the one on 26's pic. It's painted a light tan, like raw leather. "Buckskin tan." You (or anybody) can have it for shipping. got a rocker panel, too, but I forget which side, PM me (anybody) for details. thx
-
how do i connect my radio to the 12v source?
I would suggest using the stop/horn circuit for the clock power. Always hot.
-
280z with 350z headlights...
I think that was a great photochop. It still looks basically like a Zed, and you can't see any obvious bllending or blurs. I just would prefer to have BOTH headlights on it, since they do come in pairs. I still prefer the original equipment, tho.
-
Fuel Injector Hose Leaking!
The cold start valve is controlled more or less by the thermotime switch. The thermotime switch senses the coolant temperature and until the coolant reaches a certain temperature, the cold start valve will inject fuel, richening the mixture. An open cold astart valve seems to be a problem on many Zeds with a rich mix.
-
Source for NEW Stock T/C rods
Is there a place that sells replacement T/C rods that arent $200 each? Not used ones from an old car that are in who-knows-what condition, or that might be in worse condition than the ones they're replacing. I wouldn't want a racing product that makes handling difficult or a rougher ride, either. the alternative would be to have the ones that are on there magnafluxed. You shouldn't have to worry about losing a wheel in the midle of nowhere. thx
-
Adj. T-C rods with stock control arms
Not a good idea, man. Especially since there is a great need for original-style T/C rods.
-
Adj. T-C rods with stock control arms
that sounds nice, but what can we do for the people who just like the stock setup for classic cruising? there's really no need for superb cornering when you just like to drive casually.
-
240z v8
Oops... Those intercoolers probably make up for the weight of the bumpers...
-
240z v8
Without the bumpers, it must be 400-500 lbs. lighter? that equates to 0.5 seconds off the e.t....
-
For the Z lover with everything
They said the same thing to me. I told them they just lost a LOT of customers....
-
For the Z lover with everything
funny, Mike! I was stupid and tossed mine out when I was told they were out of business
-
For the Z lover with everything
I remember seeing that stuff in Tweeks catalog. Remember Tweeks? they carry Porche stuff now.
-
You Know Your Trailer Trash When...
You're in the poor part of town when: there's a pickup in every driveway that's up on blocks with the transmission out. You're in the rich part of town when: there's two pickups in every driveway up on blocks with the transmission out.
-
Bilramsey2002's Car
Oops.... Sorry, typo. Yeah, it looks like it would be a '79, but the title says it's a '78.
-
Bilramsey2002's Car
My '78 280Z has a build date of 11/78, so would that make it a '79 instead?
-
280 wheel