Everything posted by LeonV
-
Noise!
Rolling the windows down makes it worse, as that lowers the air pressure inside the cabin making it even easier for fumes to get in. Driving with windows up and fan on is a better choice. FWIW...
-
mild camshaft ?
I got my cam custom-ground by Isky, matching it to my engine and needs.
-
White milky substance/ Oily coming from hole...
No coolant? FYI, the block vent should be hooked up to a PCV valve.
-
Nostalgic Hero August 2013
Any links or scans? I would love to see some of those photos.
-
madkaw megasquirt
Frankly, it's still on standby but I've not had to use the distributor since finishing the MJLJ install. It's been about a year and probably a few thousand miles. The only reason I keep it around is for the funny comments and reactions from people who see the distributor without wires. "Waitaminute, how's that thing run without plug wires?" "Hopes and dreams, my friend..."
-
White milky substance/ Oily coming from hole...
No, that means you haven't warmed it up completely. Is the car not driveable?
-
Where to buy...
Completely agree. I HAD both but gave my Unisyn away as the Weber tool is magnitudes better.
-
Concerning Engine Serial Numbers
This is all well-known and clearly outlined info (ever check the FSM?). H means L24 (240Z) or L28 (280Z) and L means LHD (R is for RHD). Looking back, Steve's post RIGHT before yours has a clear description from Black Dragon...
-
madkaw megasquirt
I enjoyed that in my MJLJ install. Went to the dyno and switched between 2 completely standalone ignition systems within a couple of minutes!
-
madkaw megasquirt
I'd be happy to help. I've been itching to go ITB but that's been put-off as the triples have really grown on me. Who knows, I may find a good deal on throttle bodies and there goes that...
-
240z rebuild / restoration right down to the shell
That's what the door hinge shims are for!
-
madkaw megasquirt
You'll love having programmable spark with triples! It might even convince you to keep them a bit longer...
-
Drinks to take on the Road
You are a marketing director's dream. Drinks like Ensure are nutritional supplements for sick and elderly people who are unable to get adequate nutrition from "normal" foods. Pedialyte's purpose is for providing nutrition to children with excessive diarrhea. It's the bottom of the totem pole for a healthy person looking for something to take on a road trip. There are much better options out there, you're wasting your money. FWIW, there are no "magic" foods out there. Eat fresh, non-processed foods and you'll be better off than this processed chemical crap.
-
280Z Doors
Pay attention to the date please, the last post in that thread was 2.5 years ago...
-
Anybody has a good or rebuild differential for sale?
I got a shipping quote from Fedex for $554... Has anyone shipped something like this overseas and gotten a reasonable rate (or is $554 "reasonable")?
-
Drinks to take on the Road
Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
-
Drinks to take on the Road
Again, I've not had an issue with fruits and water on the countless trips I've taken. Stopping once every few hours is good for you, anyway.
-
Anybody has a good or rebuild differential for sale?
No idea, never shipped to Europe before. It is quite heavy which is where the problem lies. It would probably be 70-80lb all boxed up. You can give me an address and I can see if I can get a quote for you.
-
Renault unveils its 2014 V6 Formula 1 engine
I've decided not to even post any counter-arguments for the tripe that Zedyone has been spewing. Good stuff John and Brandon, you're saying what I'm thinking...
-
Josh's 280Z VG30DE 5-speed swap!
Exhaust dynamics are much more complicated than "exhaust will cool off as they move through the piping, but it needs to stay hot for a little while." You seem to be designing your entire exhaust system based on a relatively trivial premise. Can't say I didn't try...
-
Door lock issue, advice needed
There are a few similar threads on this, some detail the problem better than others.
-
Door lock issue, advice needed
http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/open-zcar-discussion/40683-door-lock-repair-s30s.html
-
Drinks to take on the Road
Water and fruit works for me. Trail mix without a bunch of crap in it is good too. Ensure and all that other crap is garbage.
-
Reproduction S30 parts NLA.......
Or Vintage Connections...
-
Oil change and Crush Washer
I've never replaced copper sealing washers, just anneal them with each oil change. Tighten the drain plug to German torque specs and you're all set. It's not very difficult.