LeonV's Content - Page 26 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

LeonV

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LeonV

  1. I think that's because Canadians are a little slow, ey? I have no idea why that would be Captain, nor do I plan to put any more research into it.
  2. I'm sure they're fine for regular driving but the Ziex 912 is an all-season tire and its diameter at that size is about 1.5" smaller than stock. I just wish there were summer performance tires available in 14" with a diameter of at least 24.5" but I don't see that happening any time soon, if ever.
  3. Have you checked valve lash just to be sure it's a carb problem? By cleaning and resealing the carbs and intake, you could've revealed some issues that were masked before.
  4. FYI, Nissan spec'd smaller plug gaps for the L28E. 1972 FSM: .031"-.035" 1975-76 FSM: .028"-.031" The plug gap didn't open up until the ZX came out, but projected tip plugs were once again spec'd by Nissan at that point. I'm no spark plug engineer, but wider plug gaps have nothing to do with it. I'd imagine projected tips would be useful for both self-cleaning of the plug as well as lighting off the mixture deeper into the combustion chamber, slightly shortening flame travel.
  5. Better emissions purposes? All the -11 designation means is that the plugs are gapped to .044". http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinfo/spark_plugs/partnumberkey.pdf My '75-'76 FSM specs B6ES with a .028"-.031" gap.
  6. The procedure is in the FSM.
  7. Sweet, nice work!!! It's a shame we can't get properly sized high performance tires in 14" anymore, without going to essentially race rubber.
  8. Man, looks like I've been using the wrong tires...
  9. To paraphrase Tony D: the 280ZX's main purpose was to be a driveline parts donor for S30s.
  10. It might be good to note that many Z's don't have idler arm bushings as they utilize a rack-and-pinion steering system (instead of recirculating ball).
  11. Good point. If my hair is close enough to the fan to be dangerous, I've got bigger things to worry about. Avoid loose-fitting clothing and anything with draw strings as well.
  12. A long screwdriver works really well as a stethoscope, just be sure to press the handle-end against your ear...
  13. I've got one set left, but no more heat shields. I thought I'd sold all my air-boxes but I just found one in my parts storage a few days ago. Actually, when looking at my last set I remembered that I did run them for a short while before converting to triples.
  14. They lost me when they mentioned "Fox-body Mustang" and "very good" without using the word "not" in the same sentence...
  15. I'm with Steve, sounds like a big vac leak to me.
  16. LeonV replied to SteveJ's topic in Open Discussions
    But man, those LS12 guys are taking it to even another level! I want to see that thing run.
  17. LeonV replied to SteveJ's topic in Open Discussions
    I think he's still running it, although it's been a while since he's been on the boards.
  18. LeonV replied to SteveJ's topic in Open Discussions
    Sweet! Reminds me of Bryan Blake's L31 twin-cam.
  19. I've had similar experiences. However, unlike Carl Beck purports, they do not charge you until the order is shipped.
  20. After break-in, the valves take a while to get out of spec. Nissan's recommended interval (from 240Z FSM) is 10k miles for the first 50k, and every 25-30k miles thereafter. Keep lash the same, otherwise your cylinders will be ingesting different amounts of air/fuel mixture and will be unbalanced. Slightly lower compression has a much lesser effect on power production than choking off a cylinder. If you truly want to know why a cylinder is down on compression, perform a leakdown test and try to listen for pressure escaping from the intake/exhaust/block (breather tube).
  21. Is that you, Jim? Nice!
  22. LeonV replied to zcool1's topic in Help Me !!
    He was right. There are 2 fuel pump relays in the 260Z. One kills the pump when starting and the other kills the pump below 400RPM. Therefore, the electric fuel pump only runs with the car running.
  23. Interesting. I wonder if it's just the lighting as it looks like they used a flash on the 260Z emblems but not on the 280Z ones. FWIW, I used a flash when I took my pics. Photos can be deceiving...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.