Zed Head's Content - Page 21 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Zed Head

Community Member

Everything posted by Zed Head

  1. I wonder though, if it would have brought a larger bid at the auction if the owner had "unmodified" it. Put the performance parts on a 72 or 73 and have the fun, sell the 71 as original for the money. It's just an economics exercise.
  2. Here are some old threads about it. Captain Obvious makes some detailed points about possible performance differences and problems in the second thread. You might find the reason that the PO switched the plumbing in the threads. But, really, the main difference seems to be the size of the reservoir. The disc brakes move more volume and the level probably drops faster as the pads wear. Probably could just swap the reservoirs and be fine as far as braking performance and maintenance. Choice seems to depend more on what the goal is. Points deduction at the car show. https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/21826-brake-master-cylinder-240z/ https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/66168-brake-master-cylinder-identification/
  3. $78,500 for the orange one. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-datsun-240z-351/#comments
  4. The 260Z did not sell at $22,000. The 260's just don't get the love. I think it's the shape of the 6. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-datsun-260z-123/
  5. The "resto-mod" orange 1971 240Z auction ends today. It's at $72,000. All of the original parts come with the car. So, would it be worth more as an original "numbers-matching" 1971 240Z or as this modified 240Z? It makes you wonder if people who want to increase the value of their original cars should modify them. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-datsun-240z-351/
  6. Zed Head replied to Zed Head's topic in Open Chit Chat
    Edit - I forgot to say - report the first posts that start the cascade as soon as you see them. You can go back to the third post in this thread and see exactly where things are going. The insults and abuse are there, finely placed as close to the edge as possible. Report abusive behavior. Everybody wins. . Ironically, your post is probably going to reinvigorate the thing that you're trying to stop. florian has the right idea. Stay on topic and move on. If you really study the first page of the thread you'll see the goading, with the veiled insults. It's the M.O., it repeats over many of the past years. I created this thread to try to reset and leave it behind. But it followed me. I actually feel bad for S30.world. It's not a good look and now it's focused in a thread with their name on it. The reality is that they've taken my suggestions (more than one over pst posts) and changed their web site accordingly. My comments are making the image of the company better. I'm helping. Maybe that's the heart of the problem. A feeling of ownership. Don't forget the Ignore function. That's what it's there for. Wish I could do more but the best I could do is to disappear from the forum entirely, or just take the insults without responding. Neither of those options seems right. I need to do what I think is right. Alrighty then. Back to talking about S30.world.
  7. Zed Head replied to Zed Head's topic in Open Chit Chat
    Let me scrape some dirt over those last few posts. Here's something interesting from the S30.world web site. A story about the "Euro spec" 240Z. Has some interesting side stories, like the one about tires bursting and catching fire. It's not a quick read. S30.worldS30.world - The development story & specification of the...The development story & specification of the European spec Datsun 240Z
  8. Zed Head replied to Zed Head's topic in Open Chit Chat
    I just realized that you're "marketing" (selling) for S30.world. You had me (us) there for a short while. Create a stink, generate attention, get S30.world in the spotlight. The tell is the fabrication of facts. You chose me because I am most likely to respond (I am honored...). If it was a true defense of S30.world the "verbatim" quote would be produced. But instead there's nothing. I've been used! But is is good entertainment. In the past, I have implied that you might be getting being paid by S30.world as a consultant or similar. But now I think the service you provide is probably more about promotion, by any means. Well done.
  9. Zed Head replied to Zed Head's topic in Open Chit Chat
    Use the quote function or paste an image. Didn't happen. Why are you creating a stink in a thread about S30.world right before their big auction? It's weird. I see that christoffel doesn't even want to be around it. p.s.https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/69818-we-hope-our-safari-gold-1971-dattsun-240z-will-finally-go-for-sale-next-monday/ p.s. I searched for any post where I used the word scam and s30 and all I found was an old unverified accusation from HS30-H. https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aclassiczcars.com+s30+scam+zed+head
  10. I've seen a few people on the site use one of the AI "chat bots" as a source of information and thought it would be worthwhile to start a topic about it. A sort of public service thread. Recently I've seen some Youtubers use it as a source in their videos but I've also seen a video where a guy showed how he manipulated AI to make him the #1 computer repair data recovery shop in the country. According to to AI. Then I just came acrosss an article on the same topic. In short - AI is only useful, in my opinion, as a sort of super search engine. It will pull up online sources and rank them but a person has to go to the sources to be sure that they are reliable. Here's the article and the video. This AI stuff is everywhere. I surf the Youtubes way too much and have come across several "fake" channels that are 100% AI. The realism of them is pretty amazing, the video and the voices. But they're fake. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20260218-i-hacked-chatgpt-and-googles-ai-and-it-only-took-20-minutes
  11. Red 72. Slightly modified. Looks like the parking brake doesn't work. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-datsun-240z-383/
  12. Zed Head replied to Zed Head's topic in Open Chit Chat
    @240 in OZ posted the video. It's not an S30.world guy it's Garage44. Posted 10 days ago. Apparently Garage44 has it and will be doing the listing on BaT. Odd that they put the Youtube video out before the car was on BaT though. At the end of the video he talks about doing BaT stuff but it's not on BaT.
  13. Zed Head posted a topic in Open Chit Chat
    Rather than muddy up a different thread I thought it would be worthwhile to create a focused thread on what S30.world is up to. Their mission is interesting and some CZCC members might be following their progress. Here's a place to discuss their efforts. Hopefully my intentions and words don't get twisted. As some people might know they were planning to sell one of their Masterpiece cars on Bring a Trailer. But apparently they ran in to paperwork issues and the planned date of the auction was delayed. The web site used to mention the delay but a recent look shows that the message about the delay is gone, but apparently they forgot to remove the part about the planned auction date of October 23, 2025. It's still there. Somebody recently posted a Youtube video from one of the people involved there and thought that they might be close to starting the auction. Who knows. Anyway, it's fun to keep track of all Z car happenings, from the guys in their garages with the "ran when parked" cars all the way up to the exquisitely restored high end cars. Some of the S30.world guys were on the forum back in October (I think) and might appreciate knowing that people are trying to keep up with their efforts. So, what's happening? Anybody new coming across the old web site copy will be confused. https://s30.world/masterpieces "A limited-run of as close to factory restoration as possibles of the iconic Datsun 240Z will become available, with the first one to be sold at auction in the United States on October 23rd 2025. ... The auction will take place on the renowned Bring-a-trailer site, and it represents a rare opportunity for collectors and enthusiasts to own a piece of automotive history. The auction date of October 23rd, 2025 marks exactly 56 years since the car was first introduced at the Tokyo Motor Show in 1969. In Japan, the number 23 holds a special meaning for Nissan..."
  14. My point was - "extra". Not "just". @kats
  15. Does anybody here make comments on BaT listings? I've noticed that over the past few months they are not allowing posts that are even mildly potentially negative. Only positive "great car, I had one in high school" posts are allowed. My posts are being moderated now and many don't make it through, even though they are just basic questions about errors in the presentation. I was never moderated until a recent car that was very suspect was put up for auction and I got flagged as "not constructive" for critical comments. I've also noticed that several of the very informed posters of the recent past on cars like the GTO's are not posting anymore. Completely gone. The true expert's opinions are not being posted, even though they used to show up on every old GTO. I think that this will lower the overall quality of the cars passing through BaT as more scam cars can skate through. The GTO's are commonly "replicated" from similar Pontiacs and have been exposed by the experts. It will be easier now. Just a mild rant and wondering if it's just me that's noticed it.
  16. Orange 71 in California. Up to $55,240, with 4 days to go. At least 5 big bidders over $30,00 already. Should be interesting. Resto-mod with a strange engine. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-datsun-240z-351/
  17. You seem to be in Carl Beck's IZCC registry under S30-04482. Open your quest up to others besides just Alan Thomas and you might get some extra help. And, you slipped back to 4482 when you probably meant 4483. Good luck.
  18. This one, with the bolt stuck in it?
  19. Might have posted this before but it's worth a repost. The redo and the original.
  20. Edit - I should say though that I have a vague memory of pulling that face plate forward without removing the control cables, in order to get a radio behind it. So it might be one of those partial disassembly things. Here are 1972 Body Electrical chapter instructions. If you use the standard "reverse procedure" it seems that they want you to attach the radio to the finisher/face plate first then install the radio and finisher together. So, removal would be with the finisher/face plate attached. Basically they're saying it has to come out from the front. You can download a copy of the FSM here - https://www.classiczcars.com/files/
  21. Modified 260Z in Tucson AZ. Edit - wish the default was a link instead of the link buried in an image. It's not obvious where to click with the image. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-datsun-260z-123/
  22. From a business perspective the ZX market is small. You can see it here on the CZCC forum. dutchzcarguy is, I think, the only person interested in the ZX. And, no offense to DZCG, the ZX is not as exciting in form as the Z. In short, I don't think that you'll sell many ZX styled coffee mugs. It's just the way things are. I searched 280ZX forums using Google Search and find that there are none specifically created for the ZX. https://www.google.com/search?q=280zx+forums
  23. The battle of the last-minute $250 bids is on. The car has the curse of the salvage title but is still getting a decent number. So exciting. 😃 https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-datsun-240z-352/#comments-anchor yo bfox tried a shutdown move and spudbrothermatt matched him. 500! Edit - actually, spudbrothermatt then shut the door with a $1500 slam. Should have done it earlier.
  24. Your plan will probably be thrown out the window as soon as you start working on it. Just saying...
  25. Zed Head replied to CB Garrett's topic in Wanted
    S30 world is doing ZX tanks now. Says improved. @dutchzcarguy https://shop.s30.world/product/s130-datsun-280zx-s130-nissan-fairlady-z-lhd-rhd-2-seater-and-4-seater-fuel-tank

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.