Everything posted by Mike
-
What would you put in the New Club DVD?
We can always start with a good collection and add to it over the years. I suspect the ZX will eventually become part of the club because (like it or not) it's going to be a classic too.
-
Barn Finds in Portugal...there's a Z!
Very interesting! I'd love to know the story behind that place. Who was it and why did they hold on to so many cars?! Did you notice that many of the cars are British, but, mostly left-hand-drive? I found the Z: http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa56.htm
-
Ok, I'm back. Couldn't stay away...
Hi Brian, welcome back! I remember when you used to log in awhile back. It's good to see you've got the bug again. So, can you explain the 2nd part to me a bit more? You landed on the LID of the car after a 12 foot drop? Does that mean your car flipped onto the top and fell or ? It's hard to see anyone get into an accident and I am sorry for your loss.... -- Mike
-
Enthusiastic & terrified newbie
Hi Greg, Welcome to the club. I'm glad to welcome another member to the community! Your idea about posting the electrical questions to the electrical forum is a good one. We have many different forums related to various topics and it's always best to ask a few questions at a time. This will give you the best possible focus. Good luck with the car and I hope you enjoy your visits to our little home on the 'net. - Mike Gholson - Admin
-
New Club DVD!
Will, I have scans of an early/late model supplemental book. This is the book that provides wiring schematics and layout for the dash and center console. It includes heater plumbing diagrams as well.
-
Datsun Dealership Signs!
Wanna sell me a roadster ? After selling mine a few years ago I really miss it.
-
New Club DVD!
Hi guys, this is great and thanks to Will for keeping this effort going. I am thinking this will be a good way for us to keep a collection of items around for anyone to use. Just like the existing microfiche project, the sales from a project like this will go to support the club. This place is a service to the members and the new CD will do the same. We started this club as a support group to help others with their own classic Zcar and will continue to provide services to do so.
-
Final engine picts
From the album: 1971 240z Jedi
A close up shot of my distributor area and air-cleaner. -
Mike's 240z Engine
From the album: 1971 240z Jedi
Detailed picts of my final engine assembly. -
Mike's 240z Engine
From the album: 1971 240z Jedi
Detailed picts of my final engine assembly. -
Mike's 240z Engine
From the album: 1971 240z Jedi
Detailed picts of my final engine assembly. -
Mike's 240z Engine
From the album: 1971 240z Jedi
Detailed picts of my final engine assembly. -
Mike's 240z Engine
From the album: 1971 240z Jedi
Detailed picts of my final engine assembly. -
Exhaust tailpipe ideas
So, the guys at the shop decided to install an exhaust tip for me today. What do you guys think? :stupid:
-
Exhaust tailpipe ideas
Ok, these are some good leads! I looked into the MSA tips, but, their 4" is just too damn big. The guys at the shop are giving me a hard time because they don't want to turn this car into a "ricer"... I am leaning toward the Borla tips but I'd really like to see something on the car. I've attached the ones I'm considering... While I like the rolled look, the slant cut with the center fins looks pretty sweet.
-
Restoration is back on track (with a lot of help)
Yes, I can't believe I have friends like this. I am so excited to go on some fun summer cruises. Is yours next Bryan?
-
280z(automatic) PEEL OUT
Ask your friend to peel out in his GEO.
-
280z(automatic) PEEL OUT
Peeling out and going fast is fun! In a controlled manner, it can be a blast to pull some power slides. You can't do much stand-still peeling out in a S30 series car w/out changing a lot of things. Just look at this video of this V8 supercharged.. If you want to do some tire burning, head over to the local SCCA and see if you can participate in a track event. You'll get plenty of opportunity to peel out sideways around corners (in a safe controlled environment). The warnings about your transmission are correct.... if you keep slamming that tranny into gear, you'll be replacing parts soon.
-
Restoration is back on track (with a lot of help)
As promised, here are some videos. Unfortunately I don't have the video system working on our site (yet), so, these are hosted at youtube. EDIT: Videos moved to the next page. Sorry for the confusion.
-
Exhaust tailpipe ideas
Awesome, thanks for the ideas. I checked out the place in Sheridan, and this tip looks pretty good. I would want to see it in person, though. Do you know if they have a showroom I can go look at these tips? -- Mike
-
Exhaust tailpipe ideas
Now I had no idea this decision would be so difficult! We have nearly completed the restoration of my 1971 240z. The exhaust system is 2.5" diameter and, currently, there is no tailpipe. I've been looking through photos to try and find a great looking tailpipe. But, I am coming up with no solid answers. I'd like to go with a thick tailpipe with a rolled end. But, there isn't much on ebay at the moment. Do you guys have opinions about this ? Anywhere I can look to find cool tailpipe ideas for my size of exhaust ? -- Mike PS: I would really like to get a billet-style tip similar to the one on my Harley (attached)
-
Restoration is back on track (with a lot of help)
Hi guys, of course I will be at the show with my camera. I love to take pictures of Zcar events, especially if this is the first event for my car !! Zsaint, Steve mentioned that someone else was attending, but, I didn't put 2 and 2 together until you mentioned it here. I saw your car at the Wilsonville Nissan get-together over the summer and was so jealous! It's a beauty and I can't wait to see them in the show side-by-side! I hope the average hot-rodder will accept Nissan/Datsun into that world with open arms.
-
Vintage License Plates
Does anyone know where I can obtain a set of vintage Oregon license plates? I'm looking to get two of them for the correct year my car was built (1971).
-
Bought another one today.
You whore. Z-whore that is... Just kidding. I can't believe you have that many cars! I'm looking at getting another roadster soon though. It's an addictive habit.
-
Considering buying #237 - Need Advice
After looking at the images, I doubt this car was ever restored. But, the $7,500 price doesn't seem that bad. What are the chances of getting it for $6,500 ?