Mike's Content - Page 144 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Mike

Administrator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mike

  1. until

    The Twelfth Annual Z Car West Coast Nationals Located at Oak Canyon Park, California Registration & Home Page: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/WCN Friday Evening, April 27th. 6:00 p.m. Start the “Z-Weekend” with a party! Come hang out with fellow Z-enthusiasts from all over the country, enjoy some food & drink, and see cool new product displays and demos. This year we’re hosting an open house at our store in Orange. Catch our first ever Moonlight Madness sale, and take advantage of special discounts and product offerings! Saturday Morning, April 28th. 7:00 a.m. Performance Autocross Driving Event. This all-day event has become a focus of the weekend for those who have attended in the past. It’s professionally run by a local racing club, and is a must for anyone looking to test his or her driving ability. This year’s event will once again be held at the historic El Toro Air base (a great location). You can practice cornering, braking and performance handling skills on a safe, closed course. Get tips from trained driving professionals. Limited to the first 80 pre-registered vehicles! Sign up early as this event always sells out! Saturday Evening, April 28th. 7:00 p.m. Z-Car Banquet. The weekend continues - with an evening of great food, lots of Z-car conversation, and of course, loads of fun! Join Z enthusiasts from all over the U.S. at the Z-fan favorite, Citrus Café, again this year. Sunday Morning, April 29th. 9:00 a.m. Join us for the 2007 West Coast Nationals People’s Choice Z Car Show! This year’s event begins a new era for the show! Due to the tremendous response of Z enthusiasts like you, we have outgrown our former event site. This year’s show will be held at beautiful Oak Canyon Park (near Irvine Lake) in Orange, California. This private facility is nestled in the hills just 9 miles east of our store. It’s a beautiful park with a huge grass display area, bountiful oak trees, and a lake as a back drop! It has more room, simplified parking, and easier access for all. The show is open to all Z’s from 1970 240’s to 2007 350’s, from classic stock cars to race cars to super-modified show-only cars. For the first time we will organize the cars by model, so it’s going to be awesome! The People’s Choice Award trophies will be given in all individual Z car classes; for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. We will also have specialty awards for categories such as Best Engine, Best Paint, best interior, and the coveted Best of Show trophy. We will also be adding new categories such as Diamond in the Rough, and Best Race Prepped Z-Car. Check out our huge vendor’s area, with even more space for their own show cars & displays. There you can see the latest Z goodies, and ask technical questions directly of the manufacturers. There will be great food & music, and opportunity drawings for terrific Z prizes. Bring your Z and participate in the world’s largest annual Z Car Show! Even if you don’t consider your car “show quality”, we always have hundreds of interesting daily drivers as well as project cars. Joining the show means you can park in the middle of the action with all of the other Z cars, where you can trade ideas and stories about your car, and ask other Z enthusiasts what they think of your project ideas! Spectators are strongly encouraged to attend. Just viewing the largest annual gathering of Z cars and Z car enthusiasts on earth is still free. Bring your camera or camcorder! We look forward to seeing you at the show!
  2. until

    The Portland Roadster Show. This event will be located at the Oregon Convention Center. http://www.portlandroadstershow.com/roadster1.htm
  3. I would go out this weekend, but, we are planning to detail and make the car a lot prettier for the Portland Roadster Show on March 2,3,4. http://www.portlandroadstershow.com/roadster1.htm Do you want to come to the show? I'd love to see all of the NW guys there!
  4. I'm going to ask the painter to remove the cones and the airdam so he can fix the paint mismatch. He did an excellent job on the first round, and I have no doubt he will be able to match the paint on the second round.
  5. Car is 99% complete. Today we drove her and had some fun tweaking the triple SU carbs !! I uploaded picts to my gallery, and here are a few attachments for a teaser. Here's a link to my gallery: I also took a few movies of the first drive and will try to get them online soon. PS: Gary, no this is not the same L28 engine. This is a flat-top piston engine that has been blueprinted and balanced by a local race shop.
  6. Mike posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  7. Mike posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  8. Mike posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  9. Mike posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  10. Mike posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  11. Mike posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  12. Mike posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  13. Mike posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  14. Mike posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  15. Nigel, Can you contact Wolf Creek and ask them to provide a kit with a shorter shaft? Just a thought. -- Mike
  16. Yea, it's been fun getting this baby across the finish line. The cones will be repainted the correct color after the car is done. The Mikuni carbs will be installed later as well. We decided to put SU's on it until all of the other kinks are worked out. I also decided to wait on the MSD ignition until we get the car running. However, I am going with 280z ignition. No more points!! Yep, the rear panel will stay yellow. I actually like it. The car should be ready by the end of Feb. The guys at the Ztherapy shop are going to enter it into the Portland Roadster Show on March 2,3,4. It should be a lot of fun. All of the local NW guys need to show up!!! The electrical bugs are all ironed out, fuel system is in place, and interior is totally complete. This weekend the exhaust, carbs, and engine will be started !!!
  17. Also be sure to put the event in our calendar. You'll get a lot of exposure here.
  18. Mike replied to Mike's topic in Funnybone
    You work with 2000 women? What the heck do you do? m
  19. I do remember Nissan tried this with the "Z Store" project. It didn't work.
  20. Mike posted a topic in Funnybone
    A Man Who Knows His Math He writes: I was riding to work yesterday when I observed a female driver, who cut right in front of a pickup truck, causing the driver to drive onto the shoulder to avoid hitting her. This evidently angered the driver enough that he hung his arm out his window and gave the woman the finger. "Man, that guy is stupid," I thought to myself. I ALWAYS smile nicely and wave in a sheepish manner whenever a female does anything to me in traffic, and here's why: I drive 48 miles each way every day to work. That's 96 miles each day. Of these, 16 miles each way is bumper-to-bumper. Most of the bumper-to-bumper is on an 8 lane highway. There are 7 cars every 40 feet for 32 miles. That works out to 982 cars every mile, or 31,424 cars. Even though the rest of the 32 miles is not bumper-to-bumper, I figure I pass at least another 4000 cars. That brings the number to something like 36,000 cars that I pass every day. Statistically, females drive half of these. That's 18,000 women drivers! In any given group of females, 1 in 28 has PMS. That's 642. According to Cosmopolitan, 70% describe their love life as dissatisfying or unrewarding. That's 449. According to the National Institute of Health, 22% of all females have seriously considered suicide or homicide. That's 98. And 34% describe men as their biggest problem. That's 33. According to the National Rifle Association, 5% of all females carry weapons and this number is increasing. That means that EVERY SINGLE DAY, I drive past at least one female that has a lousy love life, thinks men are her biggest problem, has seriously considered suicide or homicide, has PMS, and is armed. Give her the finger? I don't think so. :tapemouth
  21. I suggest you check out the 6x9 rear speaker box sold by Motorsport Auto. It's a replacement for the rear interior taillight panel. The quality is excellent and it fits very nice. Check out some of the photos in my gallery: http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3352&page=3
  22. I think it's funny that we also cannot prove the cars were crushed, either. The mysterious source of the story will not be revealed, but, someone needs to prove the cars have not been crushed? A fun mystery game perhaps. Where are the Mythbuster guys when you need them?!
  23. Well, my project took a sudden leap in progress over the past few weeks. I should change the title of this thread to "Restoration completed with a LOT of help"... This car would be nowhere near the stage that it's in without the help of the guys down at the Ztherapy shop. In fact, they probably don't want me to show up at all until it's done. I tend to put a little too much electrical tape on things. Any-hoo, for those of you looking for progress pictures. Here's some eye candy. There are a few images attached to this message, but, I also put a lot more in my gallery. http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3396 -- Mike PS: I also wanted to mention that engine is a little more than I originally thought I'd get. It's a L28, balanced, blueprinted, flat-top pistons, high compression, and a modified cam. While it's not extreme, it is a bit more engine than standard. :rambo:
  24. Mike posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  25. Mike posted a gallery image in Member Albums

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.