Mike's Content - Page 177 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Mike

Administrator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mike

  1. Mike replied to moyest's topic in Help Me !!
    You might want to think twice about tightening all of your bolts every weekend/month without using some kind of torque wrench. You could end up over tightening something and causing damage. Your sheared off nut is a good example. Buy a good Craftsman torque wrench and set it to the correct ft/lbs before tightening.
  2. Mike posted a topic in Funnybone
    Proud fathers, unite! Someone sent this to me the other day via email.
  3. Sue his arse for two things. Bring him to criminal court for attempted assult with his truck and also sue him in the civil court for the time you've been put out of work and/or problems you've had with your eye. From the way the guy acted, he probably doesn't have much to take. But, you'll be able to get something out of the deal with his insurance. You have to be careful who you mess with anymore. Who knows if this guy was on drugs or just pissed off at the world. Or imagine if it wasn't his fist but a big knife.... Both of you are lucky. Hopefully it was his vehicle and not stolen so you can find out where he is at and sick the lawyers on him. Mike PS: (FYI: I am not an attorney or attempting legal advice, this statement is merely a suggestion based on my personal opinion and not the opinion of the club. Perhaps the other best thing to do is to walk away with your health and check it off as experience?).
  4. Mike posted a topic in Funnybone
    Anyone need to cure carpal tunnel syndrome? I want one of these!!
  5. Don't forget to put this in the calendar so it will show up there too...
  6. I'm sure most of those cars weren't able to stop in time. The stopping distance on an old Shelby probably isn't as good as a modern car... But man... I couldn't imagine standing there looking at my car after it piled up on another one... It just tears up the soul.
  7. Mike posted a topic in Open Chit Chat
    Wow, I have seen prices of regular gas (petrol), in Oregon, go from $1.45 up to $2.75, back down to $2.15 and back up again to $2.33. What are the prices like elsewhere in the US and the world? I'm in Montreal, Canada on a business trip at the moment and gas is around $0.99 a litre!! It takes about $50 in Canadian dollars to fill a Honda Accord!! -- Mike
  8. Well, Vista isn't as far as San Diego, but, I know a reputable shop down there. Les Cannaday has a shop in Vista and his website is http://www.classicdatsun.com/ . They were actually chosen by Nissan as one of the restoration shops to participate in the Z-store factory restoration program. Tell Les that I sent you (Mike Gholson of ClassicZcars.com) because I've been buggin them to sponsor the site for quite some time.
  9. Welcome to the club! I'm not sure if there is a club in Vancouver or not. I've been to Montreal and couldn't find much to do with Z's there. But, there's got to be something. Anyway, you are more than welcome to post a message in our regional forums asking for people to respond.
  10. Mike commented on seerex's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  11. Hey, nice site!! I like your news ticker. How can I get a copy of it?
  12. I am concerned we haven't heard from Alan yet. Hope everything is OK with him... and, all of our UK members.
  13. OMG!! I didn't even see that !! I wonder if that's up for auction too?!
  14. It's a little expensive for a F*ck car... Seriously, he'd be hard-pressed to get the buy-now price (which is probably his reserve). Perhaps he should clean out the car a bit and remove the crack pipes.
  15. I'm looking for all of the wiring. Sometimes people hack it up by modifying things and/or the engine compartment is soo dirty that oil and junk gets into the harness. I need a clean one. Did you modify the wiring or is it all junked up?
  16. Hey Will, Won't there be a problem in a 240z because of fuel delivery? I mean, the existing fuel system in the 240z may not keep up with the requirement. I thought about doing this to mine, but, the work to get a new tank and lines installed wasn't worth it to me. I have a complete EFI system out of a 280z and was considering a swap. But, I decided to keep my triple Mikuni's instead.
  17. Hey Dogma... can you post this in our reviews area? Just put a new review in there...
  18. Might be worth more if they could get Jim to sign it.
  19. How is the engine wiring harness? I am looking for all wiring harnesses.
  20. Mike commented on Zrush's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  21. I agree with Gary. He probably put a price tag of $2,500 knowing he'd get $2,000. The car sounds like a good one to start out with. The concerns you listed are superficial and can be fixed easily. The other stuff like rust and such are more deep problems. But, it sounds like you didn't see much of that... especially in the battery area. This rig sounds good from what you describe and the price isn't that bad. The rough idling is probably due to the timing, worn parts, or just old stuff. Go out and buy a new coil, spark plug wires, and other such tune-up parts and go through it. I assume it's a fuel injected model? Or is it carbs? -- MIke
  22. Hahah... don't look at the club to sponsor that one.
  23. The airdam is a good look. However, it puts a flare of "modernism" to a classic car. It does this by hiding the bumper. Or, does it fit under the bumper? From the picture, it looks like it is hiding it. Most new (modern) cars hide the bumper under bodywork. I believe this is why it has been called 'ricer'... The air dam looks pretty good to me. Did you already purchase it? Does it fit under the bumper or over it?
  24. I got my new OEM fenders about 4 years ago. One of them was busted up in shipment, but, my local Nissan dealer replaced it quickly. The only other problem I had was fitting it correctly. That is a challenge!!
  25. Yea, I noticed that as well. I thought maybe he was selling it?!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.