Everything posted by Mike
-
A Q on lighting...
I was reading something on that site sent by Phred ( http://lighting.mbz.org/ ) and they mentioned that some bulbs should not be used in a housing designed for a Halogen bulb. There are two kinds of lights: filament and arc They mention that your lights can actually become worse (more diffusion) if you don't set it up correctly. Ie: Use a light bulb designed for the housing your installing it to.
-
Hella H4s
There's another thread about Hella's here: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&goto=newpost&threadid=4753
- A Q on lighting...
-
Series 1 rear hatch glass
Hot damn... yea, that's a nice ride.
-
anyone else in the 5 year plus club?
Sounds like you definitely need a new shell. I wouldn't even be able to think about taking on a job like that. If you have the right tools and the ability, then it might be ok.
-
anyone else in the 5 year plus club?
Ah, you noticed that.. I have the tray, but, it's out of the car. I had it powder-coated and I want to drill some holes and bolt it in place. This is to allow easy removal for cleaning under the tray. I sure wish Nissan would have thought of this when they designed the car. The battery-tray area is known 'bad' area on Z's.
-
anyone else in the 5 year plus club?
Good topic... I've been working on my project ever since I took the fenders off in 1996. This is where she is today (well, back in 2000 I stopped working on her). http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3048&ppuser=4&thumb=1 So, that makes it almost 8 years. Holy crap, I never really counted.....
-
Original brand sealed lights
No worries !! You're not the first one to do it..
-
Original brand sealed lights
Lee, I moved this thread from the main NEWS area to the proper forum. Please post information like this in the forum of choice instead of our main page news. That forum is reserved for news about the site or large events.
-
carb set up pic
Holy crap! Is that 1 SU per cylinder that I see? Looks like only two float bowls to feed fuel to the whole lot. I wonder if that works ok. What a total balance nightmare!
-
71 Japan GrandPrix (kenji tohira) replica
It might be ok to put them up as long as you follow a few simple rules... giving credit where it's due and not charging for them. But, I could be wrong. We have a copyright release from Nissan at this point. But, that's so we can re-print their microfiche and manuals.
-
Gallery
You can actually see many of the most recent posts and also sort them by the last X days and so on.... Look at the upper right of the main menu page and you'll see what I'm talking about.
-
71 Japan GrandPrix (kenji tohira) replica
Post the picts... don't worry about the others..
-
Gallery
Hiya... This could be worked out. I'll have to figure out how to do it. For now, the main gallery page shows the latest 10 or so...
-
OT - I can't wait for cold weather
Vic... I tried this over the weekend! Talk about an awesome idea. Thanks for it. I'm going to make this during Thanksgiving and Christmas as well. Adds a great smell to the house and everybody loves it!!
-
350Z Commercials on the net ??
Did you know that we participated in that (vanity plate) commercial? Nissan asked me to ask the members about the different vanity plates that people were using. So, we polled the members and gave them the results. They thanked us for the help and told us to watch out for the commercial soon. I saw it a few weeks ago... pretty cool! Not sure who's Z was shown.
-
I'm a traitor... the ennemy within...
Don't fret... when the sun comes out again these guys will pull the Z out of the garage and wonder why they ever thought about selling it.
-
Good Deal?
Interesting. I would ask why it has no interior. You're looking at at least $1,000 (US) to get that replaced. Carpet, seats, door panels, vinyl, etc.... But, I'm curious as to WHY it has no interior. I'd offer the guy $1,800.
-
Good Deal?
What kind of Z is it? And the year? How many miles? Sounds like a decent deal.
-
Restoration
Paul Henley has done a write-up of a rotisserie he's working on.. Check it out at: http://www.zparts.com/zptech/articles/phenley/rotisserie/index.htm This might help you find some additional information about this setup. You might also want to search the links database on our site because I know we have at least one link to a company that sells the hardware for this.
-
Restoration
I've seen these done before. However, all of the setups I've seen are restoring the 'shell' of the car. This means you must remove the engine, tranny, diff, suspension, and basically everything attached to the shell. I don't know if the rotisserie will hold the car with the suspension still attached. Somehow I doubt it.
-
wiring directions for electronic ignition?
What parts of the electronic ignition did you use? I'm considering taking part of my 280z engine and using them in my 240z project. This is one of them.
-
In the what if ? series
Holy crap... now that's an air balance job!!
-
how loud?
Well, I have to say that I do like riding my sportbike. I purchased the fastest production bike (Suzuki Hayabusa) at 1300 CC's. It's a very nice ride and is extremely fast. I like the heavy bikes because they are smoother to ride (more comfortable). It is fun to go fast. But, I can tell you that it's just something to do. To say that a Harley is crap is just not right. I mean, everybody has their own preference. And, if I was to buy a cruiser, I'd save up my $$ and buy a Harley over a Honda or Suzuki. Why? I just love the sound and they are legends. If I couldn't do a Harley, I'd go with an Indian. The ultimate combination would be a smaller sportbike (probably a Ducati) for carving the corners and a Harley/Indian for the weekend cruises with my woman. Let's not forget the fact that Harleys also hold their value while a sportbike loses value with every passing mile / year. I'm getting a little tired of buying things that continuously lose value (stock?!) and I'm looking to keep my money while still enjoying the good parts of life. I would consider cruising down the back roads on a motorcycle something every person needs to do a few times in their life. [m]
-
how loud?
You guys don't like that sound? Man, I just love sitting on a bike and revving it to no end. Not sure if it's the "$15,000 vibrator" taking affect or just the awesome sound it makes.........