Mike's Content - Page 48 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Mike

Administrator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mike

  1. View Advert 15" Boyd 5-Star Wheels Due to my new purchase of VTO wheels, I'm going to put my Boyd 5-stars up for sale. I will follow up with specs on the wheel as soon as I can get down to measure. However, the wheel is a 15" rim with a dual lug nut pattern. Obviously fits all 4-bolt S30 vehicles, but, may also be compatible with other 4-bolt vehicles due to the additional pattern. Each wheel has 8 holes. Offset puts the wheel out from the wheel wells on a 240z slightly making the stance a bit more aggressive. Wheels are undamaged and in great condition. The covers are also in excellent condition. Will include lug nuts with Gorilla locking nut (1 on each wheel) with key. They also come with the cap covers and locking nuts. No idea what these are worth, will shoot for $200 for the set plus shipping. I have boxes and will ship anywhere in the US. If you're in the PacNW, feel free to shoot me a message and we can exchange them locally. Make me an offer... Edit: I just found the receipt for the wheels. Specs are as follows = Boyd Star Rear Wheel Drive - 015800337 15x8 4-4.5/4.25 Advertiser Mike Date 05/14/2019 Price $200.00 Category Parts for Sale
  2. Mike posted a topic in GARAGE BUSINESS
    Hey guys, I just received a sample from Jeff over at Simply Cut Art. He builds neat art pieces for your wall and the workmanship is very well done. The art appears to be made out of laser cut wood that looks a lot like MDF in a medium brown color. From what I can tell, he takes three layers of flat stock and cuts the pieces to certain shapes. After cutting, the pieces are sandwiched together to give the art a 3D appearance. The art is then mounted on a white piece of cardstock with BRE style stripes and a mini sign indicating the series. Packaging was carefully done to protect the art during shipping and I give it a 5+... Although I only have the Datsun 240z, Jeff also makes other Datsun pieces such as the 510 and Roadster. His art doesn't seem to be limited to cars either. Take a look at his site and you'll see all of his workmanship. If you like his work, please be sure to let him know where you saw his work. Here are some photos of the art piece he sent to me. His website is here.
  3. Happy Mothers Day... don't forget to call your moms! ?
  4. Thanks @SteveJ !!
  5. Adding @Joseph@TheZStore and @James@TheZStore, they may have some tips... Mike
  6. Nice... seems like some great cars coming out of the woodwork lately...
  7. Ah ok.. Would be good to add one to the collection.. I've got quite a few models of the Z and would like to add this one.
  8. Nice mod! Unless you like walking around wrecking yards and wrenching on broken cars, just go buy a new one. ?
  9. Mike replied to Dave WM's topic in Interior
    Ok, I merged the threads... all in one now. I kept the old title.
  10. Mike replied to Dave WM's topic in Interior
    @Dave WM, here's where you can see all of your posts. Maybe the old thread is in there somewhere? https://www.classiczcars.com/profile/30811-dave-wm/content/?type=forums_topic& Think I may have found your original post: Would you like me to merge this one to it?
  11. Sounds like I need to keep an eye out for this Hot Wheel next! ?
  12. Very nice.. they have quite the history on that site!
  13. I've had some posts go through instantly. However, some of my posts have been queued (and never posted). They may be looking for keywords on some posts so they can be reviewed before going live.
  14. This is pretty cool.. can you tell me a bit more about these cars? I see they are all painted the same but is this a club or does a single company own them all?
  15. Uh oh! Does that mean I have to start wearing a tie? ?
  16. I think the debates start to get worse when the price goes up. From what I've seen, there seems to be tipping point where a high bidding price assumes the car should be 'correct' in many aspects. There are many great Z's out there for sale, however, when they reach this kind of price range the owner should know about these corrections. Aside from the dash, the other changes don't seem to be that bad. My ultimate gripe with some of the comments on BAT are the lack of helpful information. I'd rather see these guys state their observation and offer some advice on how to remedy the problem. A new owner shelling out $40k+ will want real information, not a pissing contest... That's why we should invite them here -- we can truly help them get their car to the next level. Mike
  17. Awesome, thanks for sharing!!
  18. Welcome to the club, @Rodeo !! Good looking Z, you are a lucky guy! Let us know if you need any help with it, or just want to share some of your great experiences with your classic. Mike
  19. Man, that zinc plating looks great!!
  20. Oh man, I didn't notice the dash cap. Too bad the guy expressing his knowledge isn't a bit more informative on his findings. Seems he is coming across a bit salty and the group isn't going for it.
  21. Looks like a guy by the nickname datsunzpartz is ranting about the hood and rear taillights being incorrect... anyone see these issues ?
  22. Here's another early series restoration -- already bid up to $44k with 6 days to go! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-datsun-240z-37/
  23. Yes, that looks nice!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.