Everything posted by Patcon
-
Putting in a replacement L-28
That's a good price
-
Broken Expansion Tank
Or a brass Pex piping plug from Lowe's or depot
-
Needed fasteners!
Is clear zinc the correct finish?
-
Needed fasteners!
The little tiny hex head bolts?
-
Brake Hardline Advice
I bought all my line making material from Fedhill. Really like them
-
Steering Wheel Refreshing
I think it will patina in with use and time
-
Removing AC condenser
You really need flare nut wrenches to get those loose. A penetrant oil and some heat. I wouldn't hack anything if I could avoid it
-
1975 280z parts
#4 look to be the metal pieces that go over the rubber pockets at the hatch hinges #8 look to be generic hinge shims #17 looks to be a master cylinder reservoir cap #1,2,3 & 5 look to be dash brackets #9(edit) looks to be brake booster vacuum line #10 might be glove box light switch
-
Low oil pressure at idle?
or just check it with a mechanical gauge. I don't trust any of the senders
-
Just saying hello
Pretty, but it will need some kind of protective coating to last. Yellow zinc or something...
-
Technically, I bought another Zed....
Not truly fair, apples to oranges. Now if you compare a Z4 coupe then the answer is probably yes. Plus you dont need to adjust the jets at the continental divide, pull the choke or huff exhaust fumes. But I still like my 240s
-
New Member
Too funny! And he remembered through the haze... 😉
-
Just saying hello
yeah, if it's too hot the paint won't lay out smooth
-
I want one...
The cylinder head has always been the primary bottleneck for power. It is nice its available
-
I want one...
Cool head! I always wanted a twin cam engine http://www.datsunworks.com/Blog/pricing-for-the-kn20-dohc-head/ $14+ is probably more than I'll ever be willing to spend
-
Putting in a replacement L-28
Is there a member close to Whitehead who can go by for you?
-
May have really screwed up
I know of no way to get the chain tensioner back in then by removing the front cover
-
Where connections go to
Yes, block off the AC lines!
-
Random Misfire while cruising
I know it was discussed but I'm not sure we ever got good enough feedback to rule it all out. If it were mine I would see if the former 240z racing mechanic had a good dizzy cap and wire setup and swap it all out as a test. Also check #4 plug for a helicoil. Maybe there is too much resistance right at the head It is CaDatsun after all
-
Transmission fluid 280z 1978
I doubt you can get on it with an impact. The plug are square. Either square head or square recess. I believe the fill aught to be square head and the drain plug square recess if they're in the proper location. A 1/2" breaker bar aught to fit the square recess well enough. The fill plug is normally the problem
-
Random Misfire while cruising
My only problem with the oil blow by theory is that it looks like carbon. I am not truly convinced that we have eliminated ignition as a culprit Boroscope might help...
-
ZCON 2022
I totally agree. Right now my limit is about 50 miles. All I can stand! I hope I'm well by next Zcon...
-
ZCON 2022
It's just around the corner...😉
-
Random Misfire while cruising
Is that dry???
-
Z's on BAT and other places collection
10k is alot for that car. It's got rusty dog legs and probably rockers too. Battery tray... Is it a good buy at 5k???