Patcon's Content - Page 194 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Patcon

Supporting Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Patcon

  1. Thanks for the necropsy The 240z ends are multiple parts. You can thread them in for the correct tension then tighten the lock ring to hold it. Are the new Moogs the later style?
  2. Thats a good idea. Could use a bolt then cut the head off flush. Don't thread it in too far or you could block up the passage. Welding would be harder without pulling the head and because of contamination At 15 yo, I dont think you can have dumb questions. Better to ask then mess something up. Between the members here we have made most of the mistakes, some of them twice. No need for you to repeat them. Welcome aboard!
  3. Do the 280z racks not have the ability to adjust tension on the side rod balls?
  4. The 1970 FSM pages ST-10 & ST -11 have the procedures for "side rod ball" adjustment #9 in the exploded diagram. I didn't know how to paste them in here directly
  5. Best of luck
  6. If you build the engine for boost now, it will be a dog normally aspirated. You will need to keep your compression low to accept boost later. A 10:1 compression NA motor with a lighter flywheel can bring just as many grins
  7. A normally aspirated motor is more forgiving when it comes to getting the tune right. Turbos don't tolerate lean-ness very well. A nice torquey motor in an S30 chassis is a lot of fun. These chassis are really only suitable for so much power with out a lot of work and extra metal
  8. I suspect the Japanese ones are better steel than most of the ones on the market currently but I could be wrong. You are referring to these The ones I have appear to hard chrome on the spherical end with grease slots. I would think they should be very wear resistant. I am not sure how the modern ones are manufactured. As long as you can adjust them and remove any slop and they move freely, I would reuse them
  9. I will have a look Maybe @Zed Head can help me out,. He is very good at finding things in the FSM
  10. What is Miguel's shop?
  11. The book recommended earlier is an excellent place to start before you tear into it
  12. Nope, its a 2.8 liter motor but you would need to break it down to know what you really need. Might need pistons, might not. Might need standard rings, might not
  13. @motorman7 Rich did you see this yet?
  14. The upper car, I assume is a concept. It has very Maserati-esque lines
  15. Not likely to happen. We will be fortunate if it has 6 cylinders
  16. I believe there is a test in the FSM that might help clarrify your direction
  17. Motorman7 uses a shop not far from you that does beautiful work and knows Zs but he would have to chime in on what to expect for costs
  18. Quarters would definitely make the repairs easier and cleaner
  19. Did you find the steering rack pictures?
  20. That's pretty extensive. What is your budget? There is a shop not too far from you that does good work but be prepared for what the metal work and paint could cost! @motorman7
  21. There are some more pictures in my build thread too if CO is missing some
  22. You could always try to hot wire the car to eliminate the switch as a problem
  23. Most of the fuel rails don't hold pressure forever like a modern car does. If the car is not hot then some fuel loss won't be a huge deal. Just cover it with a rag when you loosen the clamp. then put the rag outside to evaporate off.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.