Everything posted by Patcon
-
Z's on BAT and other places collection
I agree, that seems cheap...
-
79 280z Brake Problem
Harmon brakes in GA can probably handle your booster... The reaction disc is the little rubber disc on the end of the chrome pushrod. Im not sure the ZX's had it?
-
Realistic budget to paint a 240z.....
Where are you located? It can be difficult to find someone to paint an old datsun. Better now that the values have risen but tough to avoid paint jail. Where your car is stuck in a shop for a year or more. If I were looking for a painter, I would ask my local automotive paint shop. The jobbers who supply paint shops with materials. Ask when there aren't other customers around! I ended up painting my own because I couldn't find anybody reasonable to paint. It's been a long road with mixed results... I have no idea what current prices are for full paint. The rust needs to be dealt with for sure! I'm sure there is more there than the little bubbles. Take the glass out for the respray and strip as much as possible for improved results.
- '77 280z running rich at idle, AFM screw doesn't work?
-
F4W71A Rebuild
I have run into this too. Was trying to buy two BMW fuel injectors out of Latvia. Couldn't because of all the unknowns. Looking to buy something out of the UK and sent them an email to see if they'll ship to the US. We'll see what they say...
-
My Listing: Authentic OEM Nissan Fairlady Z/Euro 70-78 Datsun 240z S30 Headlight Covers
At $660 with like 6 days to go, I think they will go higher than $750. Possibly double that...
-
To Be Or Not To Be - Harada That Is!
@smdvr67 I would delete your personal contact info. Bots crawl the web looking for info like this! Only share personal info through Private Messaging / PM's
-
The OG 240Z - Reanimation Project
The first part looks like a bracket for a spring perch for leaf springs. Don't believe either are Z parts...
-
I was Surprised...
Right now it's on the motor, but I was surprised at how the empty cavities will flash rust in high humidity. I'm sure I will always have the obligatory rust. Hopefully some small bolt somewhere,. A speck is a sufficient qualifier... ;)
-
The OG 240Z - Reanimation Project
Love it!
-
3D printed Gearknob
Will it actually print polygonally or will the exterior be smooth and consistent? Restated, will the exterior be multifaceted or is that just a graphics display issue?
-
I was Surprised...
It wouldn't be a Datsun if it didn't have a little rust!!
-
Interesting electrical issue- Series one car......
Jackpot baby!! $$
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
Thanks, it is a confusing circuit! I hate it!
-
Interesting electrical issue- Series one car......
I found on my car, vin is about 14,000 early car, the car had a hazard switch with the short harness. The longer harness one I had messed everything up. I don't believe they are interchangeable
-
Z's on BAT and other places collection
The battery tray looks pretty good if you ignore the 5# mouse nest underneath it 😀
-
Interesting electrical issue- Series one car......
The large white with red made me think it was a primary relay...
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
Thanks Ernest, I have the large laminated wiring diagram. Makes tracing much easier
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
I'll check the old switch but I don't think it closed in a short enough distance either
-
Interesting electrical issue- Series one car......
Is that the accessory relay?
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
So I need a little help. I still don't have turn signals even with a new electronic flasher. I have tried a three wire with a ground and a two wire. I will save that for Cody at the moment. The other problem for the day is reverse lights. The switch I have has the leads torn off. So I ordered a new one for a 280zx transmission from a Z vendor I bought a number of things from and like doing business with. The new switch does not trigger fast enough. That is to say the plunger has to travel too far to make the circuit. It appears the plunger is brass so that seems to rule out adding metal to it with the welder. Is there another way to source a better switch? One that needs less travel or one with the plunger a little longer... The switch needs to trigger before the length is below 0.73". The new one needs to travel about 0.125" more to trigger
-
Interesting electrical issue- Series one car......
You can look for 1156 & 1157 bulbs on Amazon in all different colors. One bulb is a single filament one bulb is a dual filament
-
Interesting electrical issue- Series one car......
What model and year?
-
Z's on BAT and other places collection
Probably true. The barn find is in a dry state but that seems like a lot of money for a project car... Yes, based on the BaT price it might be in the ballpark
-
Z's on BAT and other places collection
There's overspray on the data plate! Lots of other issues with the car. The market is pretty weak right now. It's not going to bring 15k much less 50k!