Patcon's Content - Page 25 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Patcon

Supporting Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Patcon

  1. Patcon replied to Andy J's topic in For Sale
    Those look nice! Cost? Where to order?
  2. Pretty car! Aught to be fun
  3. Get a respirator so you can ignore the fumes and avoid any unnecessary exposure
  4. Maybe drill them and expoxy small sections of thin all thread? Then bolt them to the hubcaps
  5. Nice looking car. Not perfect but a nice driver
  6. Too funny! 😂 I routinely see cars with large rusted holes in them. They seem to work fine. Also in my state there are zero vehicle inspections! No smog, no emissions, no brake light check etc. It doesn't seem to create carnage on the roads. What does seem to create great issues is the invention of the smart phone! Which some drivers can't seem to put down long enough to get to where they're going!
  7. I agree, I would find a different hub. Either in Canada or import from the US. Also the later axle nut from the 280zx I believe is self locking so no staking necessary
  8. Where are you located?
  9. I wouldn't want to split the transmission in the car. I would rather have the whole unit on the bench
  10. Have you driven it yet with the new setup?
  11. The $300k BaT car is a good place to look. It's pretty original
  12. There is a spring upgrade, Japanese I believe, for coil overs that allows you to run softer feeling springs than their effective rate. A good solution to prevent harshness. I can't remember the name currently
  13. Yeah, I'd be hot! 😡
  14. I agree, I wouldn't touch it
  15. I would think BaT with a healthy reserve. I wouldn't consider a no reserve auction, too easy to lose it cheap.
  16. I believe they're in North Carolina and Oklahoma. My last header was done in OK
  17. I did this Z Car Depot IncCarburetor Return Spring Bracket Plate Custom 240ZStainless steel plate that mounts under the intake for attaching the carburetor return springs on Datsun 240Z. This plate bolts to the original intake and allows for 2 spring clips but offers mini...I also do not have coated headers. That may end up being an issue but I will deal with later if it is
  18. Probably a lot more info at hybrid Z Zedhead or Grannyknot are probably more familiar with how to find it there
  19. Already $1800. I'm surprised it's that high considering it's been sitting and you really don't know what you've got until you take it apart. Is the compression ratio a turbo level compression ration?
  20. You could look at the RT mount and customize the diff angle
  21. That was nice of him to "comp" you
  22. Early cars have an external spring
  23. That's pretty cool! \What kind of pressure will it hold?
  24. So in the last pic, the part with rivet, lets call it the "hook". It is touching a bar just to the right. We'll call it the "drum catch". When the drum in the center w the spring rotates the "drum catch" locks into the ratchets on the drum. When it does that the "drum catch" moves down slightly. Then the "hook", which is the lock mechanism, can move over to prevent the "drum catch" from unlatching. I would make you some pictures but all my locks are at the platers. I just recently studied this mechanism as I went through mine and was working on refurbishment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.