Everything posted by Patcon
-
How vibration free is your 70-71 240Z?
Probably a lot more info at hybrid Z Zedhead or Grannyknot are probably more familiar with how to find it there
-
Check out this ATK crate L28 engine on BaT
Already $1800. I'm surprised it's that high considering it's been sitting and you really don't know what you've got until you take it apart. Is the compression ratio a turbo level compression ration?
-
How vibration free is your 70-71 240Z?
You could look at the RT mount and customize the diff angle
-
Gas Tank Order From J30 in Netherlands
That was nice of him to "comp" you
-
55 year old Z master cylinder / slave cylinder
Early cars have an external spring
- Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build
-
can door locks work without the knob rod/key cylinders?
So in the last pic, the part with rivet, lets call it the "hook". It is touching a bar just to the right. We'll call it the "drum catch". When the drum in the center w the spring rotates the "drum catch" locks into the ratchets on the drum. When it does that the "drum catch" moves down slightly. Then the "hook", which is the lock mechanism, can move over to prevent the "drum catch" from unlatching. I would make you some pictures but all my locks are at the platers. I just recently studied this mechanism as I went through mine and was working on refurbishment
-
can door locks work without the knob rod/key cylinders?
The doors will not lock unless the door latch is latched. In other words they won't lock unless the door is shut or you manually rotate the door latch to the locked position
-
Saving car #34464
Excellent!! Im hoping I'm only a couple of weeks behind you
-
fuel tank sending unit question
I would use Seals all on the inside of the connections. I once used it on a Ford fuel tank that had small perforations in it. Worked great!
-
fuel tank sending unit question
That will soften them nicely but it's not a long term solution. Mine solidified again after a month or so... :( Steve Nixon makes replacements
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
Perfect, thanks Ernest
-
How vibration free is your 70-71 240Z?
If I were looking for vibration: Wheels Driveshaft Halfshafts - I would have these balanced Stub axle runout I also agree with Zed about the reason for the diff shift. That would be my first thing to do.
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
Can somebody provide a photo of this area up under the passenger side of the dash so I can see how this bundle of stuff is supposed to look?
-
Fuel tank sending unit leak
You might have to use some sealant on the inside. I believe "Seal-all" would be my first choice https://www.amazon.com/Seal-All-380113-Adhesive-2-Ounce/dp/B0015AE0AU/ref=asc_df_B0015AE0AU?mcid=73fbe515071334428dde54fff0cb8519&hvocijid=2708339363523471354-B0015AE0AU-&hvexpln=73&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=721245378154&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2708339363523471354&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010452&hvtargid=pla-2281435177578&psc=1
-
Saving car #34464
Can you elaborate on this process you did? Maybe a few more pictures?
-
Saving car #34464
The antenna alone paid for the car!
-
Choosing an SU Needle - If I have needle station info and real world AFR, can I use that to find the right needle?
I think I would richen that mildly with the mixture nuts. I wouldn't really want to be on the lean side of 14.7 except on deceleration
-
Restored 240Z Steering Wheel
Looks great Jim!
-
New Source For S30 Door Seals
I have done mine although my door hardware is not complete yet. But they are very nice and soft and latch like factory weatherstrips
-
Choosing an SU Needle - If I have needle station info and real world AFR, can I use that to find the right needle?
Obvious questions of course! ;)
-
Do you like the hybrid view or the traditional forum view?
I have a bookmark set to show me unread content with my preferences. I also agree, traffic seems down. I know there is an S30 forum on Facebook and I have seen members posting there. Maybe that is slowing traffic on CZC? I would rather be here than Facebook!
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
Thank you, yes that is what I was looking for
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
Thanks for the offer Cliff! I actually already bought a new set. I finally got the car up on the cubes on some dollies. It was a little sketchy but I got it up without dropping it Evidently the water pump on this engine is bad... :( I worked on the original door sills some today. They were pretty rough. I used the bead blasting cabinet with low air pressure and some crushed glass After that I used some glass beads on really low pressure to shine them up a little more. I found the location of the inner black sill cover by using a pick and locating the original screw holes. The new black covers only have three holes; the originals had five but I think I'll leave it this way for now. The screws are stainless and I polished them up before putting them in I also bought the speedo seals from Zcardepot and put those in yesterday. We'll see if that fixes it...
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
I need some reference dimensions for where the door sills go on the rocker panel. Mainly the interior black one. Maybe use the rocker seam as a reference?