Everything posted by Patcon
-
[2015] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?
Video ^^^^ Let's hear it...
-
I need help with a Dime wagon
Thanks Philip. I have a lead on a parts car. If we don't pick that up I will definitely be in touch.
-
New member from Oklahoma
I agree with both ^^^^^ Tire issues would be my first check on the vibration at speed. Run the old gas out and get good fresh high octane gas in and see if the running improves Exhaust fumes are almost always bad gaskets or rust holes in the rear of the car. Taillight gaskets / hatch / and vent hose gaskets... Horsepower comes later when everything else is right!
-
Location and installation of Vintage Air gen II mini controls on 1972 240z
Then why did you buy a vintage air??? You could have just source the dealer ac system off of Ebay...
-
Location and installation of Vintage Air gen II mini controls on 1972 240z
That's a very interesting solution. Thanks, Jim We will now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...
-
Location and installation of Vintage Air gen II mini controls on 1972 240z
Jim, before we return to our regularly scheduled programming, can you post a picture of your gauges? I don't totally understand...
-
Stainless steel headers, exhausts and JDM twin-pipe mufflers.
Love it!! I would do that all day long. Bookmarked...
- 280Z Difficulty starting
-
240z low power cuts out
Have you checked the timing? The popping or dieseling when cutting it off could be timing related...
- I've Got Milky Coolant But Not Overheating
-
The Z is finally completed ?
Congratulations. There was a lot of rust under the car.
-
Front Air Dam
I have ordered several things out of Australia. It is normally not a problem if you are prepared for the freight charges. You gotta pay to play...
-
Spindle pin removal tool survey
Mitchell If there is a next time you can use mine. I might even deliver it,,,
-
Restoring a 1977 280z! (My first z car)
That picture was perfect Cliff
-
[2015] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?
I like the muffler too. What is it?
-
Engine issue
What are you valve clearances? Could you have lost some adjustment and not be getting good valve sealing? I would think it would be noisy with less lash...I would redegree the cam and see if it meets spec. Also Zed may be onto something with the ignition route. If it won't start with ether I almost always rule out fuel. also your AFR was reading fine, so unless it is bad too?? That would also rule out fuel. Can you verify your afr is reading correctly somehow? Swap to another race car or one of your cars?
-
Starting a new project...Subaru STI Differential swap into my Z
I don't know. Just send them an email and ask...
- 240 wagon
-
Starting a new project...Subaru STI Differential swap into my Z
The standard rear crossmember hits the finned cover. You have to get something like an Arizona Z car rear crossmember to clear the finned cover
-
Differential Output Shaft Stub Question
Is it an open diff or a Limited slip? That would be my first suspicion for why it was changed. Jack up the rear of the car and turn one wheel forward. Does the other wheel turn forward (LSD) or rearward (open diff)?
-
My Datsun 240Z
The 81d C is right about where it should be. Look for a short somewhere in the harness or behind the temp gauge...
- Parts needed for VIN 147
-
Eiji and I head to head
Bruce, I understand, totally...
-
I need everyones input on this one (Combo and T/S switches)
^^^Yes, Contact Dave...
-
Restoring a 1977 280z! (My first z car)
Take the interior panel off the hatch. The push button just has a metal tab that sticks out to one side inside the hatch. When it is unlocked it hangs out over a release lever, when you push it down it pops the hatch. When it's locked the lock is rotated 90d so it is no longer over the release lever. Reach up in the hatch from the inside and find the release lever. Trip it by hand. A small mirror and a light might be good too... I hope that makes sense...