Everything posted by Patcon
-
Restoration of BringaTrailer 240z - HLS30-35883
But its your brand?? 🤣
-
Replacing Air Compressor Pressure Switch - New Switch has Different Turn on/Turn off pressures
I plumbed a small ball valve off the bottom of my tank but I don't go out there enough and drain it
-
Replacing Air Compressor Pressure Switch - New Switch has Different Turn on/Turn off pressures
If your compressor is somewhere it wont freeze, they make auto drain devices for air compressors. I am also not diligent about draining my compressor but Im afraid to add an autodrain because mine is outside and it would likely freeze and crack
-
Servicing Cooling System Questions
I agree those are easy to break. The long skinny ones in the water pump are also easy to break
-
77 280z Restoration
I haven't had that problem. They have a small center point and I use a center punch to get them started. You do have to keep them square to the surface until they get started
-
77 280z Restoration
I prefer this type of cutter. Blair makes a lot of spot weld type tools. I find these aren't as brittle as the hole cutter type bits. I own a selection of both. These also will only cut through the top layer. You will see a change in color that represents the surface of the lower panel when cutting. Like a sediment layer in the earth. They do better if you don't run them too fast and use a cutting oil of some kind
-
NOS Datsun 240Z parts
Some nice parts but I would have to have a special car to justify the costs
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
Super! Thanks C
-
resurrecting a 1977 280Z
Maybe the return orifice is blocked?
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
@CanTechZ Thanks MIke! Those are just what I needed!
- 1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
Yeah, that would be a nice picture to end with. Definitely getting gray. Might get my kids in that one too. They've changed a lot too
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
Also, there is a ground to the chassis above the fuel tank. Is dielectric grease the way to go on this connection or copper antiseize?
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
So I started pulling the rear body harness in. There are two branches that go up. One for the dome light. One for the defroster. The dome light is self explanatory, but how does the defroster route? All in the structure or only internal until its under the plastic?
-
I thought I was done with Z cars
Looks great! Happy Easter!
-
How to Install Universal Joints in Axles Properly - Using OEM U-Joints
Carolina Driveline Inc Howard st, spartanburg They do it all. Common through Nascar... I agree, it does seem cumbersome but I can't come up with another teason for the asymmetry you've seen.
-
How to Install Universal Joints in Axles Properly - Using OEM U-Joints
I hate to say it but maybe the mismatched rings are an intentional balancing technique. Which would be impossible to replicate without a drivline balancer. If you find it's necessary we have a very good and regionally know driveline specialist here in Spartanburg
-
77 280z Restoration
You can use a spot weld drill bit. I have found a round headed metal rasp in a die grinder works better. It's harder on the removed panel though. Make the metal thin and then wiggle it until it breaks loose. Then a die grinder with a 2" rolok to dress down the spot welds.
- L20b Cody's Goon
- L20b Cody's Goon
- L20b Cody's Goon
- L20b Cody's Goon
-
saturday night music thread
Where are you these days? Any car projects?