siteunseen's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

siteunseen

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by siteunseen

  1. I messed with it for a minute or two. Not done yet though. I'm going to pull all the old out and replace. $5.99 a quart for dot 3. It had air in there..
  2. I did my little truck's clutch master with this contraption. Through the little hole in the bottom of the reservoir and it worked but it's the same as using a big syringe I got from a feed store. They have supplies for dogs and their DIY owners. 240 is next but I'm a little disgusted with the whole thing now so no hurry. I will post what happens when I finally do try it again on that car. Maybe I'll do the 280 next for practice? I want to bleed the slave cylinder by itself. There's a video I saw where a mechanic pushes the rod in by hand, all the way in where they usually don't travel. He had a lift though so it looks easy. At 2:22 he talks about bleeding the slave for smoother shifting. Mine feels like I'm almost forcing it and I thought that was just from being an older car.
  3. I put those self bleeders on my 280 in 2011. Can't remember why I didn't use them on the 240 in 2015-2016? I've used a contraption I came up with when I realized the cup wasn't holding the vacuum, too small of an oring wouldn't let it seal. Messing with brake fluid on 54 year old paint freaked me out when I found a small drop by the inspection lid above the brake stuff. I had driped a little refilling the clutch master. Washed that whole fender down with Dawn soap and water. Staying away from the 240, I've done my beater D21 pickup with good results. My shade tree correction for the crappy oring not sealing was a wood clamp.
  4. Yeah I've got neighbors but they leave me alone and I leave them alone. I want to try again before giving up on this vacuum pump. The cup's lid isn't holding vacuum, undersized o-ring that came with it is the problem but buying a single 2" o-ring around here is damn near impossible. I have a plan though.
  5. A little of both. Never really did a good job bleeding the clutch when I did all the work to it years ago. Now I bought this POS Harbor Freight 1 man pump and the weather is finally tolerable enough to get out of the A/C and do some things. The dog can only walk so much, he's getting old.
  6. Should I depress the clutch pedal as a way of opening the slave to pull fluid through with a vacuum pump? I couldn't get anything yesterday but a huge mess, got mad and walked away. I'm not doing something right. Thanks for any help. Cliff
  7. What about the FPR? Good hoses and clamped off tight? Can those be tested? I bought a new one from '78 to work with my diy fuel rail. Needed only one in and my '77 had 2.
  8. I bought walnut shell for less than glass bead at Harbor Freight. Sand is cheap but it's harsh. Best of luck, you're doing great work.
  9. Your work looks great today. Thank you!
  10. You are right, it really does.
  11. Maybe? People use an early 90s Honda blower motor as an upgrade. Google around and you'll find the thread. Here's some... https://www.google.com/search?q=240z+heater+core+rebuild+classiczcars.com&rlz=1C1VDKB_enUS1121US1121&oq=&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqCQgBEEUYOxjCAzIJCAAQRRg7GMIDMgkIARBFGDsYwgMyCQgCEEUYOxjCAzIJCAMQRRg7GMIDMgkIBBBFGDsYwgMyCQgFEEUYOxjCAzIJCAYQRRg7GMIDMgkIBxBFGDsYwgPSAQsxMTgxMjM5ajBqN6gCCLACAfEFQuz8a_3kbXk&sourceid=chrome&source=chrome.ob&ie=UTF-8 The BrassworksDatsun - Nissan Heater CoresRestored radiators, street rod & hot rod radiators, custom bespoke radiators or drop in replacements. We build them all.
  12. You'll find the information on here and it's not some youtube click money grab either. Ask away but if we help fix one you'll have to donate to the forum. That's a pretty good amount of Zs so apparently you have a good reputation with them so far. Oh yeah, thanks for being honest and introducing your company.
  13. In a pinch I used a quarter and some tape on the clutch pedal for my '87 D21. That was in 2006, haven't had to touch it since. 😁
  14. Wonder what he replaced that he had to remove that bracket with the oil sender and alarm? New looking wire loom. 🙃
  15. Yes there is a trick in Tom Monroe's book that has worked for me. I posted pictures that I took of the text in the book. They're in this thread. Hope it helps.
  16. Try running it without the air filter.
  17. You could also pour some fuel straight into the float bowls through the overflow bungs.
  18. Did you blowout the drain on the passenger's side of the wiper cowl?
  19. Worm clamps on heater hose most likely. You can get FI hose and solid clamps at chain parts stores. That's what I used in 2012. Still going strong.
  20. The new Nissan sending unit I put in my 240 is 5 gallons sitting on empty. I was in such a hurry to get away from the fuel tank and all the mess involved I forgot to compare it to the original and bend the rod to match. Oh well...5 gallon reserve when it hits empty.
  21. Prove him wrong. Still waiting on the coolant temperature, thermostat open idling in you garage.
  22. My OE fuel pump had that pinkish looking stuff on the 2 electrical connections.
  23. Look through these photos of the 355 mile 280 on Bring a Trailer. @Zed Head taught me the car is great for reference. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-datsun-280z-39/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.