Everything posted by siteunseen
-
Chat GPT - AI Bot
I happened upon that too, today. Hadn't tried looking at a member's profile in years though.
-
Suspension rides too high - What are my options? ('72 240Z)
It looks good to me as is. I have what jonbill suggested done to mine. They called it "collapsing" the springs. I run 15" wheels and really like the look. Looking closer, the front may be a little higher? I'm not sure the brand name but I've read there are "front" and "rear" specific struts that have been installed wrong.
-
Still struggling with car at idle after 8 years
https://www.championautoparts.com/Technical/Tech-Tips/Common-Spark-Plug-Problems.html#:~:text=Oil fouling occurs when oil is allowed to enter the combustion chamber.&text=Oil deposits cover the spark,sign of advanced engine wear.
-
Still struggling with car at idle after 8 years
How about trying a retorque of the head bolts. Low in the front and rear is odd. I torque mine from the center out.
-
Z's on BAT and other places collection
Damn, that looks familiar. @Diseazd Except the tag.
-
A Review of Modern Technology Upgrades for Classics
Typing to twisting wires! Hope the weather gets better soon. Down here cold equals kids. I bought a heat lamp when I was 15.
-
2023 What I did today.
Mowed mine and my neighbors yards. Let the 2 sleeping Zs idle in the garage for an hour, accidentally too! I forgot about them until I got my blower.
-
Still struggling with car at idle after 8 years
It looks carbon fouled to me but "we are still guessing here".. I would run Sea Foam through every so often because extended idle causes carbon fouling.
-
Not quite overheating
I don't know how but mine blow with the motor rpm's until the thermostat opens. I crank them at least once a month holding at 2,000 inside the garage, the fan gets quiter and then I see coolant flowing across the top of the radiator. This is something you guys already talked about I'm guessing but I finally read what explains it to me in simpleton speak.
-
77 280z Restoration
I helped a buddy of mine replace the starter on his Toyota Tundra pickup last weekend. My main job was to keep him from unloading his pistol unnecessarily. It's located under the intake.
-
Not quite overheating
See how many rounds you can spin the fan by hand when it's cold. I can't get one complete rotation on mine. I found the restore clutch from Blue's Tech Tips. It's a download now, the original site is unavailable. FAN 280zx Datsun rebuild fan clutch (1).pdf
-
240z Vacuum Advance
I found an old thread from @Jarvo2 that maybe helpful? Couldn't find your taken apart thread Zed Head. https://www.google.com/search?q=vacuum+advance+Zed+Head+classiczcars.com&bih=688&biw=1455&rlz=1C1BOFA_enUS494US494&hl=en&sxsrf=AJOqlzVK5ONJsSCqMcJz2sHkT2mwvGxntA%3A1676663907335&ei=Y9zvY6qBFKGmqtsP5P68uAk&ved=0ahUKEwjqvurkq539AhUhk2oFHWQ_D5cQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=vacuum+advance+Zed+Head+classiczcars.com&gs_lcp=Cgxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAQAzIICCEQoAEQwwQyCAghEKABEMMEOggIABCGAxCwAzoFCAAQogQ6CggAEPEEEB4QogRKBAhBGAFQ6QZYtxlgoSdoAnAAeACAAZQBiAHBA5IBAzEuM5gBAKABAcgBAsABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz-serp
-
74 260 Hesitates/runs poorly above 3500rpm in 1st and 2nd after car has heat soaked - runs great for first 30-40 minutes
Have you tried to bypass the possibility of a dirty fuel tank and run the fuel hose that comes from the tank to a 2 gallon gas jug? I did this on my '72, put the can between the grill and the radiator and secured it with bungee cords. Drove around the neighborhood, it ran fine off the jug. That's when I found that I a tank full of crud.
-
saturday night music thread
- saturday night music thread
- smell of gas inside car
Yeah the efi cars use high pressure pumps which pump about 40 to 50lbs until the pressure regulator. That kind of pressure will find a loose connection or split in a hurry.- low oil pressure
Also the newer filters that I hate, aren't quart size so they throw off the standard 5 qts. that we all know. I use these...- Engine Shipping Crate Designs
He's going to send it back on the wooden crates he makes I would bet unless you want your metal crate back. I've made a couple of those crates and put steel casters on them to roll the blocks around while rebuilding. It's nice to be able to sit down and work on the motors. @Diseazd has a wall lined with original motors stored on them. Here's a L2.8 block on one I've used to hold the cylinder head down while I did some work on it.- low oil pressure
Apparently I've bumped my head and missed a few days. You were driving it a few days ago and had a gauge on there showing it was dropping psi with higher engine speed. Now you're able to remove the main bearings. Since it is apart take the oil filter off and push on that shiny metal ball and check how stiff or soft it is to push in. Just for poops and giggles I'd like to know. It should be about as hard to push down as poking in the sidewall of the tires a little bit. Pretty hard I'd say. Thanks- Which color code
- saturday night music thread
- air leak at throttle shafts
What's your method for repairs?- 280z L28 Rebuild, Power Questions
I've got the potentiometer or rheostat that Patcon talks about on my coolant temp sensor. I think you could add enough fuel through that to make the efi run with a mild cam. Somebody needs to try it. I'm just too busy. I do know I can flood mine down to stalling, barely run with it.- EFI Datsun Z - only runs with throttle slightly pressed
And I must apologize. Your car is different, duh, from what I'm used to seeing. Caught me off guard. Anyway 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other. It will be fun learning the differences in our cars. Old dog here but I enjoy new info.- EFI Datsun Z - only runs with throttle slightly pressed
There's no fuel filter. The pcv hoses look messed up to me. There's a lot of stuff not terminated it looks like? What's up with the injectors. Looks like a fuel line to each one. Fairlady 2.0 is very different than my Datsun 2.8. - saturday night music thread
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.