Everything posted by siteunseen
-
280zx build
If it's a US ZX that n42 and n47 are out of a 280Z, 1977 or 1978. The right motor combo would be f54 block and p79 cylinder head for 1980ZX. f54 block has flat tops but the n42s have dished pistons. I'll send you some links tomorrow morning when I've got my laptop opened up.
-
Heater/AC Firewall Grommet Question
The Nissan grommets I have are round and that hold down plate is flat on the top and bottom. Not sure how that would hold up? These are the ones I have left over. Someday I'll replace the old hardened ones on bottom of the hatch where it meets the slam panel, that's the plan anyhow.
-
Heater/AC Firewall Grommet Question
Maybe just to match the metal plate? Here's one with slits so you don't have to open the lines to install. Z Car Depot IncAir Conditioning A/C Lines Grommet on Firewall 260Z 280ZAir Conditioning Lines Rubber Grommet on Firewall 260Z 280Z Reproduction air conditioning lines rubber grommet for the A/C lines going through the firewall. This grommet will work on cars equipped wit
-
Z's on BAT and other places collection
Looks more #919... than #112 to me. Missing the lime tint.
-
saturday night music thread
The drummer cracks me up when he sees the camera on him.
-
Door panel removal tools
Thank you Sir. I went ahead a bought them after doing some reading from 2003 and 2009. Same exact tools were suggested a few times. Bought 25lbs of walnut shell media for my sandblast cabinet. Going to try it for the first time on aluminum, I've used "glass" bead before with good luck but damn that stuff has gone way up in price locally.
-
Door panel removal tools
These are at Harbor Freight for $5 at the moment. I need to take the driver's door interior panel off to install a new mirror and adjust the pull handle rod. Would these be okay for the job? https://www.harborfreight.com/Nylon-Pry-Bar-Installer-Kit-4-Piece-63594.html?event_id=184593
-
First post, finding help on 2 topics
People can't help but tap on the glass, sometimes a little too hard, when the gauge doesn't agree.
-
1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build
-
Look what showed up today!
HaHaHa! I use Styrofoam. Beatiful head and that's going to a screamer. Congratulations!
-
Z's on BAT and other places collection
High performance valve stem? Less is best? 😂
-
Replacement Drums - Cast Iron or Aluminum?
I've seen cracking in the liners and guessed it was age or too much heat? Anyhow if it's not a show car and who's gonna look at rear drums I'd go with steel. That's what I've done on both my restore-ish jobs.
-
240 combo switch
- 240 combo switch
Hold the link down, open in new window on smart phone http://www.kamikazeracing.org/dl/ZTech/Rebuild_240Z_combo_switch.pdf Yes, right clicking on this link and "open in new window" works on my laptop as well.- Replacement Drums - Cast Iron or Aluminum?
Would you by chance know of a machinest that does cylinder head work? Thanks for any input. I'm an hour north in Gadsden. I want to set up a p90 with a stage 3 cam kit from Schneider. I'm thinking with Barber's near by there may be a way back shop? Is there a Datsun Z group that you know of? Thank you.- 4x Datsun 240z steel wheels and tires
That's a great deal! Same wheels and tires are $1200 on marketplace. GLWS- Rear spoiler pain!
- L28 pistons. Flat top or dishes?
Webbers from the 70s. I sold them to Phillip aka 240260280 then he sold them to a guy in Calgary for a BRE replica 240Z. They were off an old Lotus.- L28 pistons. Flat top or dishes?
I've got a fresh F54 bored .030 over and brand new dish pistons to fit I'll never use. It came with a 240 I bought years ago. Where do you live? It'd be cheap but shipping would be the money. I found the pistons and oil pan but stopped looking. I've got 3,000 attachments on classiczcars.com.- Rough cold idle then smooths out
The belly pan and shroud pull all the air back over the engine. Like a fan in a long box, sorta. Not too much wasted air.- L28 pistons. Flat top or dishes?
Call old junkyard and see if they have ZX cars. $500 you can get a block with flat tops and a peanut shaped cylinder head, p79 or p90. P90 is hard to find. P79 not so hard but still 45 plus years old.- L28 pistons. Flat top or dishes?
I'll get you some good stuff to read tomorrow off my laptop. You don't need a turbo with p79 and p90 head mods. Just ask @Diseazd Here ya go... https://datsunzgarage.us/heads/- L28 pistons. Flat top or dishes?
I just remembered that '79 had f54 block, flat pistons and p79 head i gave to Jeff G that raced endurance races.- L28 Exhaust Stud Repair — Time-Sert vs Helicoil + Tapping Angle Advice?
To add to Yarb's great suggestion HarborFreight has that stuff to. Much shittier but whatever is close by.- Rough cold idle then smooths out
A plastic shroud off a zx and a belly pan are very helpful removing heat I've found out. All the fan air is pretty much used not wasted. It's like an airplane motor. - 240 combo switch
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.