Everything posted by kats
-
Fairlady 432 at Auction
Hi heddon , these wheels are now on sale , also all the parts which you can see in the pictures are available too , they are all replica parts which are made in China . I have heard the shop willl sell a S30 dashboard imported from the US . Kats
-
Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432
I am a big fan of Alan’s Z432-R tribute car , that thread is so fun to read . Can you see this link ? http://www50.tok2.com/home/WRJfactory/S20_01.htm There are some how to’s articles of S20 , but not many on internet , and You tube . If I decided to rebuild S20 by myself, I of course recording my work and up loading it to You tube . But it will take a certain time... Kats
-
original blue engine paint colorcode?
Hi , I have neither used nor confirmed color of this can but most of L - series engine builders say this is the color , and still available from a local Nissan today . I just bought one for my curiosity. The label said “ genuine “ “ UD touch up paint “ ” Nissan Engine blue “ ” No 10128-90026” I googled little bit, UD is a company for trucks, Volvo is a parent company. Nissan diesel Ltd was merged into Volvo in 2007 . Hope this helps . Kats
-
1st gen seats
I found an interesting thing , the earliest seat sliding control lever looked like this , the “ S “ curve is located here , it is pretty forward than the later one . I think this early lever might be seen in up to Jan or Feb 1970 . How about yours ? And I confirmed the holes for the plastic guards , the holes are set both sides of the frame . So workers at the factory did not have to pay attention which is left seat or right seat . ( the seat in the pictures is 01/70 Z432, not original bands and not original color for the lever and the frame ) Kats
-
1st gen seats
Hi Keith, my blue 240Z has the cloth , but the car is in a museum now so I can’t show you the one right now . Looks you found the one close to the original, I am optimistic about this issue as I will be able to find some nice one , or if it is impossible, I am OK to use closer material for the band . Kats
-
Fairlady 432 at Auction
The seller of the Z432 has been a collector, also a owner of a Japanese old car shop . He owns two Z432R , also many racing goods has been sitting in the shop . So , the wheels which are shown in the picture would possibly be a real rally wheels , but anyway they are not original for the car . This car must came with a FS5C71B (32010-E8753 ) transmission originally, but in the picture it is FS5C71A for Skyline GTR. A later big hole of the tunnel is acceptable for a 71A type 5 speed transmission as we can see the rare transition from late 1971 up to Jan 1972 . According to my data , this car PS30-00521 was delivered to a female on June 9th 1972 . Just information for someone who is interested in the bidding. Kats
-
Fairlady 432 at Auction
Yes , I was thinking same thing, we always love to discuss about what is original . Kats
-
Fairlady 432 at Auction
Patcon , yes I think so too. Small parts for Z432 is every restorer’s issue . However I want everyone to know S20 Engine is very exciting, you will be satisfied even if some small parts which are required Z432 are missing. Thinking about selling , yes those parts should be installed as much as correct , it will boost its selling price higher . Ian , yes , the seller of the replica wheel said “ race only , no support “ . I guess the seller is not convinced to pass the Japanese regulation which is applied for the wheels. But , race only , is it OK being less quality than regular use on the road ? Kats
-
Fairlady 432 at Auction
Making a profit , how about if someone were able to get a good donor Fairlady Z (June 1972 model is the best for this project) under 30000 USD , it would make a little profit. But it has to be well concerned that selling a Z432 tribute car or , selling a restored PS30- 00521 before starting a work . A S20 Engine alone costs 45000 USD nowadays, probably bidders are aware of it , so the winning bid will be 45000 USD or higher . Kats
-
Fairlady 432 at Auction
I agreed . Also they are so clean and beautiful, I may think they could be reproduction wheels which currently bacame available in Japan . Today I visited a vendor of a reproduction wheel . They are selling Z432 style wheel and rally style wheel .Both are aluminum. The manufacturer is located in China , not Japan . I noticed the Z432 style wheel has a different off set , more positive off set than the original. So looked different to my eyes . Kats
-
Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432
Hi Gavin , I bought the bumper because it has the OEM fog lamps , even it remains it’s half of the whole thing , still attractive for me . I wanted the brackets ( L and R are individual shape, as my Z432 has two R , the one is used for the left with slightly modified) , and bolts for the brackets. And I see at least I have one spare bulb and a spare stay ! Also it is nice ce to have the bracket for the license plate. I do not need the bumper ! Kats
- 1st gen seats
-
1st gen seats
Steve , I sent a message.I buy two sets of the guards. Thanks ! Kats
-
1st gen seats
I will have my blue seats re- trimed again , Mr. Sudo offered me that making my blue seats fat seat back , now they are appeared in slim type . Using an extra blue vinyl which he gave me is going to be wonderful. I think so too , my 03/70 car should have a fat seat back. At that time ( in 2003 ) Mr.Sudo was not aware that because he just got an order from a car shop “ restoration of blue Datsun 240Zseats “ without knowing it is going to be installed for 03/70 car . The black ones are recently restored for my 01/70 Z432 , fat seat back . Kats
-
Fairlady 432 at Auction
Hi ! A rotten Z432 is going up for an auction, http://bhauction.jp/pdf/catalog/040_1972_NISSAN_FAIRLADY_Z_432_BASE_VEHICLE_FOR_RESTORATION.pdf This car had been on a Yahoo Japan auction several times , several years ago. This time a S20 engine which seems it was fitted to a lot earlier car came with the car. The transmission in the picture has a Skyline GTR shift lever arm . This will be a chance for everyone to own a Z432 the cheapest way at the moment. Kats
-
Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432
Happy new year! I have just came back from Chicago , I lost my Japanese new year party at my home ? I opened the package which I have got from the auction, it is rotten but it has a pair of fog lamps !! I have never seen other cars have fog lamps except this one . I may store it for my spare . Kats
-
1st gen seats
Hi Keith , I was going to ask same thing to Steve as I also want the light green cloth for my seat restoration . Great work Steve ! Here is a picture of the screws and washers for the plastic guard, they look special for me . Kats
-
Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432
Alan, thank you for the information , Kameari Engine Works has been lived up to their parts , I will buy their ARP made bolts. We are all looking forword to seeing your ex-Kuwashima san's racing Fairlady 240ZG, please post or start a thread in some time. Gavin, thanks about the link of how to of engine rebuilding, but I am scared doing it ! Blue, I did not know a Chinese manufacture doing for S20 !! I am curious which is better , a shrinked Nissan genuine old gaskets which are almost unusable or , new and fit properly but made in China... I am not going to buy Chinese metal parts such as piston rings / bearings , and oil seals which I already bought enough and Nissan is still providing those kind of parts. Kats
-
Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432
I am 6ft tall, Mr.K is taller than avarage for his generation . This picture was taken when my blue 240Z was under the restoration. 18 years ago , I was young ! Kats
-
Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432
Hi Patcon , you have a very kind grandmother, you were lucky student but , you did not take it , you are kind too . Are you too big to fit ? You don’t look that way for me ? Thanks psdenno , I like that high school story, that is funny! Kats
-
Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432
Gavin, nowadays, people want two seaters for Z cars , but at that time sales volume of 2/2 was a noticeable, I can’t say precisely now but when I am home I can introduce some magazines which have very interesting interviews with Nissan engineers. I remember something about 2/2 , they sold more than two seaters in Japan , like that . And interesting story about the roof line which I found in a magazine, the engineers were thinking about “ father “ and “ his son “ . Father pay for the car , his son of course wants to take the steering wheel. So , the engineers said “ there should be a respect for father . The best is same roof as two seater but , in that case father would feel uncomfortable. We took comfortable for the rear seat passenger, so the roof had to be like that “ . About the RHD parts catalog, I only have a December 1970 issued ?. Kats
-
Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432
Hi Captain , I remember I learned “ don’t cry over spilled milk “ in junior high school! So I need to be calm down to avoid rushing into something “ not right “ for me . Or if I decide to go for a new world , I shall not look back where I used to be ... Hi Blue , your Chinese friends are saying that , we have same words in Japan !! So , we say “ don’t be a half way . If you stand up way tall , you won’t be hammered. If you can’t , just be nice like everyone.” Kats
-
Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432
“ So that means early 260z's in Australia got the flat tops, but no charcoal canister and no air pump until later in 1974.“ Thanks Gavin, that is a very good information. The canister would not affect its max power , so the 260Z except on the US got 162 ? PS , right ? As a side note , the still born Fairlady-260Z had a 170 PS engine with an electric fuel injector. I wish I could have the car , I hate “ oil crisis “ which affected automobile manufacturers. Kats And the parts catalog , very very nice, thanks !!
-
Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432
Hi Alan , I am checking parts what I have ? (for my PLS30 project? ) but I don’t have skills and don’t have an experience to build an engine . I sometimes dream about doing it by myself under supervisor . To be honest, just looking at those interesting parts without assembling is the most fun and happiest moment for me . When I put the parts once , then I can’t see the most of them . Alan , or anyone please teach me , a bolt for securing a head and a block , Kameari -Engine Works sells “ Kyoka- type “ head bolt. Does it means more durable? More stiff ? I think it can be tighten much more higher torque than the one from Nissan original. But , I don’t think it is a good idea to tighten the bolts more than specifically directed in the service manual. So , why people want “ Kyoka- type “aftermarket bolts for the place which is specifically directed tightening torque? Here is the website Kameari Engine Works , http://www.kameariengineworks.co.jp/Catalogue-v3/catalogue-035-S20-NEW-20181203.pdf I missed Nissan stock head bolts , I am thinking to buy Kameari or wait for another Nissan original new bolts ( but I don’t know when it comes up next ! ) Kats Alan , let me know when you begin your the third S20 engine building!!
-
Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432
One more today, I have a pile of file of “ service Kai- Show “ it’s like a bulletin I just don’t know what is a suitable word for this . Some topic has many pages and some just a few pages . I found descriptions of a canister, and a label for emission device applied . My ZG still remains the label on the left rear quarter glass . The right one is for the emissions , it might be put in 1973 . When my ZG was rolled out from the factory in June 1972 , there was no device required. But in 1973 , new rule became active , my ZG was affected by the rule to have a lime green vacuum ball to cooperate with an ignition timing . But no need to have a canister. The middle one is the label for “ new car delivery inspection completed “ by a local Tokyo Nissan dealer. Kats