Jarvo2's Content - Page 8 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Jarvo2

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jarvo2

  1. Great suggestion, just added it and several others from my collection.
    • 907 downloads
    • Version 1.0.0
    Multiple files inside this link. Click download this file to see them all. Here's what we have included: Fuel-1973 240z 1974 260z fuel system modifications.pdf 280zfuelinjectionbook.pdf Datsun_Tune-Up_&_Repair.pdf Datsun_Tune-Up_&_Repair_1961-72.pdf General-Datsun Torque Specifications.pdf Tuning_SU_Carburetors.pdf
    Free
  2. I know you're running round-tops, but the concepts within this Fuel System Modification guide may prove useful as well in your current situation. Fuel-1973 240z 1974 260z fuel system modifications.pdf
  3. Here are some good pictures of my experience with the BRE2.net spoiler that I recently acquired. As with any of these fiberglass pieces, some "work" will be required to have them fit seamlessly. Once my car goes into paint I'll be sanding down the high spots of the BRE rear spoiler to get that proper fitment. I like the BRE because it mounts with 6 screws rather than just 2 as a lot of the other versions have. Best of luck. http://jarvas240z.blogspot.com/2015/05/bre-rear-spoiler-install.html
  4. Have you guys tried blowing out the fuel return line with compressed air? Gotta keep the fuel circulating to prevent vaporlock.
  5. Agreed with the rest, gauge reading looks good. There's also that Water Wetter product that you can put in the radiator to make everything run cooler. http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=117&pcid=10
  6. Might want to think about rebuilding your engine then. Check out all of the 40+ year old gunk that I found inside the water passages of my '72 240z as well as the clogged PCV filter screen inside the engine block.
  7. Must be that hot cam that he's running then.
  8. Ok, so you have air, you have fuel, how about spark? Several follow up questions: 1) Are you running points or electronic ignition? 2) Have you upgraded your voltage regulator to an internally regulated alternator & voltage regulator bypass? 3) What octane fuel/gas do you use? 4) How loose is your distributor shaft / rotor?
  9. Here's for the super collector... http://smile.amazon.com/Paul-Newmans-personally-racing-jacket/dp/B00F97S5CE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450383148&sr=8-1&keywords=datsun+jacket
  10. I strongly recommend the MSA / Dave Irwin harness for ease of use, but in case you choose to tackle it yourself, here's some info that I collected along my journey: http://jarvas240z.blogspot.com/2014/07/headlight-wiring-harness-with-relays.html
  11. Awesome & Knowledgeable guys as well. Been great to do business with in the past (and future!)
  12. I just picked up a set of SU Rams (mini velocity stacks) that I put under my K&N filters and so far I'm very pleased with the performance results. I also switched out my smogger M58 needles to N27's which I'm sure added to a lot of the gain. Shipping from the UK took about 2 weeks. http://www.ebay.com/itm/151414457890?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  13. I'm about to start building a replacement fuse block for a lot less than the MSA $200 version. If I'm happy with the results, I may try to make a couple of them and offer them for a more affordable price-point. My goal is to have a plug-and-play block that fits in the stock location and functions well. 10-fuse block: http://www.johnnylawmotors.com/catalog/power-electrical-systems/fuses-and-circuits/fuse-blocks/KICKFB2/universal-10-atc-fuse-block-with-cover Connectors (MP4N Non-Latching Set): http://www.vintageconnections.com/ShoppingCart.htm If you want something fancier, this is another good resource that I found... http://www.motortopia.com/car-pictures/centech-fuse-box-conversion-14416
  14. Agree the Irwin/MSA harness is the best, but for those wanting to build their own.... http://jarvas240z.blogspot.com/2014/07/headlight-wiring-harness-with-relays.html
  15. Vacuum Gauge install: http://jarvas240z.blogspot.com/2012/11/vacuum-gauge-installed.html
  16. I've got one of these mounted on my balance tube & it really helps with tuning. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g3125/overview/
  17. Might want to run a vacuum gauge on the engine to see what else is going on. A compression test is only one part of the diagnostics.
  18. I'm happy with the MSA exhaust system. Here's a picture of the new MSA compared to my old set of twice pipes
  19. If you can't get your hand on the Z-Therapy DVD, check out YouTube for tuning SU Carbs. This video is for an MG, but its the same concept for our Datsuns. My guess is that your carbs are not your issue, most likely 40+ year old engine that needs to be fully rebuilt. http://youtu.be/4nvGLgO6pj0?list=PLFD71AE1E7D0C1B1D
  20. These have been sold. Should have priced them higher
  21. After receiving several bits of private feedback, I'd like to offer my kit for $750, shipped. Includes recently rebuilt set of 1972 Datsun 240z 3-screw Hitachi SU Carburetors, E88 intake manifold, balance tube, heat shield, springs, linkage, and K&N performance air filters. Please reference the link below for more detailed information and additional photos http://jarvas240z.blogspot.com/2015/10/240z-round-top-carburetor-kit-for-sale.html
  22. Here's my approach on adjusting the floats. http://jarvas240z.blogspot.com/2013/06/carb-float-levels-sightglass.html
  23. I have an extra set of 3-screw roundtop SU's from a '72 240z, along with the E88 manifold/spacers, balance-tube, linkage, heat shield, and K&N filters that I'm looking to sell in the near future. They've been rebuilt with the ZTherapy rebuild kit (needles, gaskets, nozzles, etc) and cleaned up very well. They're not show quality, but they're very nice looking and perform very well. I've been running them on my '72 to ensure they're properly tuned. Basically a good setup for someone looking to convert from flat-tops or EFI over to round-tops. What is the current going rate for a setup like this? Just wondering if its worth keeping them or selling them. Thanks for the insight.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.