Everything posted by Av8ferg
-
Rear drum locked up on 1971 240Z
I missed you guys! I drove my Z last week and a guy tired to buy it on the spot. Kept asking me to reconsider and gave me his card. Not a chance o told him. You’ll see me back on here.
-
Rear drum locked up on 1971 240Z
Glad this helped. This forum has solutions to just about every issue Z owners face, not to mention some smart guys to help.
-
280Z Fuel Injection to Carb Swap
Mine revs pretty nicely. IMG_4044.mov
-
280Z Fuel Injection to Carb Swap
I have a nice set of SUs that I’ve been considering putting in my 77 and dumping the EFI. Why? Maybe because I’m crazy. I must be because my engine purrs with the EFI. Only a sick bastard would fix something that isn’t broken. The idea of carbs appeals to me for some reason. A person on this forum I highly respect told me I’d be making a mistake and making my car less reliable and less easy to own and use. I’d love to see how this works out.
-
Hardware needed
There is a 40% mark up on this one….I’ll throw in free shipping .
-
Hardware needed
Those are way too shiny for Bruce.
-
Hardware needed
So you already have the bolt you need. The thread pitch for the starter is 1.50, at least for us 280z owners. Not sure what the thread pitch os for the elite 240z owners class.
-
Hardware needed
This looks like 45mm with a 7 on the head. Is this enough Patina ? It has a captive washer.
-
Door Internals Window Mechanisms Regulators, Etc
Found another one in my stash. This looks like 45 m. But it has a “6” not a 7
-
Door Internals Window Mechanisms Regulators, Etc
This might be too short 45mm =1.77in. My micrometer had a dead battery [emoji37]
-
Hardware needed
Bruce, I think I have one. I had to replace mine yesterday because my new starter has a thicker flange.
-
Best Starter Motors replacement
Nope, never had a silver Z.
-
Best Starter Motors replacement
I agree, I’m confident this is a better starter than any reman you’ll find out there. I’m pretty happy with it.
-
Best Starter Motors replacement
I got the starter installed, 20 min job, and yes Zed I needed a longer bolt. Had them in my stash (45mm M10x1.50). What a night and day difference between this starter and that garbage AC Delco reman. Sounds totally different and I can tell is spinning faster also. Sounds like a modern starter. The AC Delco had a annoying whine and everyone always asked me if that was normal.
-
Best Starter Motors replacement
I’ll install this Monday and let you guys know how it is. I don’t think it’s made in the US but let’s hope that any company spending time to have a test sheet may actually care about quality,
-
Best Starter Motors replacement
More pics
-
Best Starter Motors replacement
My starter arrived. Looks pretty good. Came with a test sheet
-
Door Internals Window Mechanisms Regulators, Etc
OMG you didn’t. You didn’t have enough stuff to do already. I guess L28 motor rebuild has taken a back seat. Did you already post pics on the forum or are you just leaving it to our imagination. Now you and Cliff have more in common. Well congrats…..sounds like you and POR-15 will become friends. Friends don't let friends use POR-15 without gloves…..if you don't your hands will be black for weeks, yes weeks not days.
-
Door Internals Window Mechanisms Regulators, Etc
Wait a second….. when did you get a 240? You just tried to slip that by or did you get a new toy during my absence? I’ve replaced the glass in my 280 and removed the external stainless frame. It wasn’t hard. Are the internals rusty?
-
Best Starter Motors replacement
I need an emoji with eyes popping out! This will have to do !
-
Best Starter Motors replacement
Yea I looked for the OEM one. No luck…. We’ve shutout our European operation at work and giving that work to to contractor. Major job cuts happening. The company seems to care only about quarterly profits after a hostile takeover of two board seats buy a hedge fund. They’re letting people go left and right . Almost all of our flight instructors were fired last week. A lady who worked in flight admin for 37 yrs was asked to leave. Super sad.
-
Best Starter Motors replacement
Did a little digging around about WAI Global. This is a legit new starter and the company seems to have a good reputation for quality. I bought using my America Express which doubles the manufacturers warranty. I ordered it and will report back my findings when it arrives.
-
Best Starter Motors replacement
Thanks, that’s the second recommendation to fix this myself. While not against that, I’ve always hated this starter since the day I got it. It makes an awful noise when starting and I blame it for toasting my ignition switches. Maybe that’s not fair but I just want a reliable piece of gear. I will pay for quality and that review makes me think this is the best I can find. I will continue to search. RockAuto has one that doesn’t say Remanufactured on the listing so I’m curious. Say it’s made by WAI Global https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1982,280zx,2.8l+l6,1209350,electrical,starter+motor,4152
-
Best Starter Motors replacement
Anyone ever heard or bought from this starter company? Check it out and tell me what you think. They sound pretty good. I’m not buying a new starter every 18-24 months because of these Chinese remans. https://www.classiccarperformance.com/products/datsun-240z-260z-280z-high-torque-starter
-
Best Starter Motors replacement
I have done this mod. I was burning up ignition switches pretty regularly until I added the starter relay. Great and affordable mod.