Everything posted by hls30.com
-
If the 240Z were a Woman...
Ouch Carl, he is a freshman afterall-and constantly-well occasionally-working on either his Zs or a good duck swap! You're all right Bill, don't you worry! We know it'll happen-If an embarrassing bafoon with no charactor from your home state can be President and lie under oath about getting some, you'll get some too! Will NO VIcky, they would be completely original-no replaced parts! The pieces that wear would all be broken in properly, not damaged. ANd the upholstery would have charactor lines, not worn spots or cracks. The car would look loved and extreemly well maintained. Not only that, but think about what it would have shared the garage with-nudge, nudge, wink, wink!
-
MidwestZ??
I have called the following hospitals in and around Wichita: Wesley Medical Center-all centers Via Christi-all centers Surgi-Care Witchata Surgery Center of Kansas Wichita Specialty Hospital Cypress Surgery Center Kansas Surgery & Recovery Center Halstead Hospital Susan B Allen Memorial Hospital William Newton Hospital Hutchinson Hospital No Chloe Zarte is registered at any of them-they are upto 40 miles from Wichata. Will
-
1970 or 1972 240Z--Help me decide!!!!!
Carl is right on-except with his avitar. If you want the 70 look, buy some 70 jewelry and fit it to the 72. Fitting the hatch vents and the quarter trim isn't a difficult thing to do, and will not affect the value of the heavily modified '72. Will
-
MidwestZ??
I am going to hold out a while longer to order from her, and hope everything is getting better. Carl-I would comment on the calisthenics of your avitar except for one thing- who puts a toilet on a pedistal that high? -OOP, you do, I guess I better go before I visit-I'm not as spry as I used to be! Will
-
"R" Rated NZ Tourist Joke
Carl, The only fitting reason I can think of is: "To make sure my point was clear." In reality, it probably had more to do with the "submit Reply" button being completely unresponsive for an extended period of time, and my impatience! Will BTW: Yikes! :tapemouth
-
Seats
AlphaDog is right. If you use other seats, keep the original ones as well so that one day when(and if) you get older and wiser you can put the car back to factory. My car is getting different seats as well-obviously I haven't hit the "old fart" stage either, but I am keeping the old seats just in case! If your block number matches your data plate, and isn't in bad shape, I would keep it too, and any parts you need to modify in the course of updating, find a spare and modify the one in worst shape.(It is a bite in the arse to cut a piece to make something fit only to find out a replacement part is worth more than the the whole modification you had cut the piece for) Especially with an early Z, I would keep all of the original pieces that are unique an traceable to the car. What you sell them for today you will have to put money(probably big) with to buy them back tomorrow. Will
-
What are my odds?
No matter what he does,or which bottle he adds, the value of his car value will go down-too many millions of his cars everywhere. As long as you take care of, and don't cut yours up, your car value will continue to go up. Ask him how much his car has depreciated since it was made(6 short years), then show him how much value your car has appreciated in the last 32 years. Ask him why the value of your car is constantly going up, and the value of his is constantly going down. I am certaian his next comment will prove that he has a slow brain and fast mouth. I hope he has a suitable MOS. Here are Nada and Msrp Values 1972 240Z Original MSRP: $4,106 Low Retail $5,600 Appreciated 36% Average Retail $9,350 Appreciated 122% High Retail $17,500 Appreciated 326% 1998 PontiacV8 T/A Original MSRP $19,235 Avg trade $9,275 Depreciated 51% Avg retail $10,232 Depreciated 47% As with time slips, the numbers don't lie! Will
-
"R" Rated NZ Tourist Joke
Carl, I am really scared now. I wasn't so worried when you were one guy in California, but now there are parts of you everywhere, blanketing the globe, you could be lurking next door, around the corner, at the post office-on the motorcycle(F or R, Hmmmm) I do have one saving grace-no sheep within hundreds of miles-why doesn't that make me feel safer-I know it should...but. Seriously Carl, some of your posts have had me rolling on the floor gasping for breath-Almost sounds like a Kidney stone attack! Will
-
"R" Rated NZ Tourist Joke
Carl, I am really scared now. I wasn't so worried when you were one guy in California, but now there are parts of you everywhere, blanketing the globe, you could be lurking next door, around the corner, at the post office-on the motorcycle(F or R, Hmmmm) I do have one saving grace-no sheep within hundreds of miles-why doesn't that make me feel safer-I know it should...but. Seriously Carl, some of your posts have had me rolling on the floor gasping for breath-Almost sounds like a Kidney stone attack! Will
-
"R" Rated NZ Tourist Joke
Carl, I am really scared now. I wasn't so worried when you were one guy in California, but now there are parts of you everywhere, blanketing the globe, you could be lurking next door, around the corner, at the post office-on the motorcycle(F or R, Hmmmm) I do have one saving grace-no sheep within hundreds of miles-why doesn't that make me feel safer-I know it should...but. Seriously Carl, some of your posts have had me rolling on the floor gasping for breath-Almost sounds like a Kidney stone attack! Will
-
"R" Rated NZ Tourist Joke
Carl, I am really scared now. I wasn't so worried when you were one guy in California, but now there are parts of you everywhere, blanketing the globe, you could be lurking next door, around the corner, at the post office-on the motorcycle(F or R, Hmmmm) I do have one saving grace-no sheep within hundreds of miles-why doesn't that make me feel safer-I know it should...but. Seriously Carl, some of your posts have had me rolling on the floor gasping for breath-Almost sounds like a Kidney stone attack! Will
-
"R" Rated NZ Tourist Joke
Carl, we need to change Art Linkletters by line to: "Carl comes up with the darndest things." Once again, I am afraid to ask where you find them. Will
-
"R" Rated NZ Tourist Joke
Yep, that's the one! I'll paste just the picture for the rest of you, but the credit(?) for the picture (and this entire thread) is 100% Carls! Carl, I'm not going to ask where you find this stuff, but some thing about a conservative workplace just doesn't seem to fit(at least not as well as the sheep on the mototcycle ). You don't drive the Z to work do you? http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5209 Will
-
How to know you are online too much
Well, at least by that list I am a 10! Will
-
"R" Rated NZ Tourist Joke
Carl had a picture that belongs with that joke-maybe! Carl?
-
any z licence plate ideas?
Ben, Read this out loud with a Tony The Tiger inflection. "They're great!" Will
-
Dayton Wire Wheels
I just returned from Visiting a friend in Kettering, OH. When I set up for the visit(about a month ago) I thought "Why don't I try to get a tour of the Dayton Wire Wheel factory.(I have an Alpha 1 GTO (Ferrrarri GTO Body) I built on a '77 280Z chassis that I want some real knock-off wire wheels for)-before some of you shout "Blasphoemer!", label me a ricer, and generally get off on how much of a wanker I am, the body was gone-the rear fender lips were 2" strips of air, the doors were missing more skin than was left, the hood, front fenders, and metal ahead of the radiator was fubar by a moron PO who is right up there with the maker of the Catepillar yellow snowplow ZX. I emailed DWW, and asked for a tour, and a measurement sheet. I called DWW on Tuesday and arranged to meet Mike (one of the sales managers) at the factory, he informed me that while a "tour" was not some thing they offerred, but, he would see what he could do. I drove over Wednesday afternoon, and while Mike did not give me a tour, He did give me tons of info, and some serious insight into how their wheels are made. He asked abot my project and went over the measurement sheet that I need to fill out and return to be certian that m wheels are fitted just the way I want. He also informed me that DWW was getting ready to take a set of vintage looking, but larger wheels to market. I expressed interest in them, and He said with a wink in his eye, that he would send me application data and pictures after I sent back the measurement forms. I will post pictures of the new offerings as soon as I get them. Hopefully we will get a few more options on wheels to fit our cars! I am taking the measurements tomorrow, and emailing them to Mike. Hopefully I will figure out what I want, and pick the set of Knock-offs up at the Factory about 6-8 weeks from now. Will PS, among their historical DWW artifacts, there is an absolutely huge honkin' wire wheel in the lobby, it must be 26" in diameter by 12"-16" wide-somebody just try to fit that to a Z!
-
How much paint did your HVLP repaint need?
A mixed quart of each coating used is enough for an exterior respray-with a correctly setup gun, and a good technique, get a mixed gallon of every coating for complete repsray. add two to three quarts for not being familiar with setting up the gun, and/or spraying technique! Will
-
How much paint did your HVLP repaint need?
A mixed quart of each coating used is enough for an exterior respray-with a correctly setup gun, and a good technique, get a mixed gallon of every coating for complete repsray. add two to three quarts for not being familiar with setting up the gun, and/or spraying technique! Will
-
How much paint did your HVLP repaint need?
A mixed quart of each coating used is enough for an exterior respray-with a correctly setup gun, and a good technique, get a mixed gallon of every coating for complete repsray. add two to three quarts for not being familiar with setting up the gun, and/or spraying technique! Will
-
How much paint did your HVLP repaint need?
A mixed quart of each coating used is enough for an exterior respray-with a correctly setup gun, and a good technique, get a mixed gallon of every coating for complete repsray. add two to three quarts for not being familiar with setting up the gun, and/or spraying technique! Will
-
How much paint did your HVLP repaint need?
A mixed quart of each coating used is enough for an exterior respray-with a correctly setup gun, and a good technique, get a mixed gallon of every coating for complete repsray. add two to three quarts for not being familiar with setting up the gun, and/or spraying technique! Will
-
240z Dash Differences
I am getting one back from DashRestoration in the next several days. If you put a full cap on right, only a car show judge would notice it, and even then only if he was really looking. The install is the invitation for the cheese. The cover on my '73 fit so well, many Z nuts missed that it was a cover until I pointed it out. http://www.hls30.com/hls30_003.htm The only places that will give it away if it is carefully installed are the edges at the sides. The openings for the guages are another place that careful installation can hide. If you ever saw one properly installed with the doors shut, my guess is you would be hard pressed to tell. Most people just want the cracks covered, and do not take the time and energy to make the fit as close to perfect as possable-resulting in a cheesy look! I prefer a restored dash as well, but in a daily driver, $100 and and an afternoon of work beats $600 plus about $100 in shipping, and two afternoons of work! I will post pictures to sho the differences betweeen the two when the dash gets here-check my gallery for prerestoration shots, adn search the archives for the other thread we have on this. Will
-
New Radiator (Where should I buy?)
Carl, you left out quite a few..... But far be it for me to throw my kidney stones in the ring! Carl is right, With time of the essence, local is always better! Will
-
skuff marks/scratch removal
There is a very informative video from Ztherapy that covers a very effective way of dealing with lots of wear issues-including console refininshing. The video is not wonderful, but the information it contains is! Will