Everything posted by Yarb
-
1973 Rebuild
Curious what the reasoning was?
-
Resurrected Classics Exhaust
Putting an exhaust system on without a lift is a bit sketchy especially with the layout you’re dealing with. Not being able to look at different angles and see clearly it’s definitely difficult.
-
Look what showed up today!
Vey fortunate, Only an hour away.
-
brake pressure differential warning light switch
I recently bought a few items from Jenny. Interior parts, hatch glass etc. Here’s a pic of the vents I bought from her. Amazing condition. Easy to work with and always ready to help.
-
brake pressure differential warning light switch
@Terrapin Z
-
Resurrected Classics Exhaust
That rear diff is hit or miss until you get under it. Cars sit differently in my opinion. Personally I would not weld anything that may require removal in the future.
- Resurrected Classics Exhaust
-
Differential fluid change - problem with non-OEM fill plug
Those vent caps are still available at Nissan. If you destroyed yours you might want to order another replacement. They are a press fit.
-
Resurrected Classics Exhaust
Contact Sean@ ZStory if you’re looking for a high end setup. Still need to have them sent to Jet Hot coatings to have them coated inside & out.
-
Heater Core and Blower Rebuild
Call Jenny and see what She might have.
-
pin holes in floor...is this a silly idea?
Those holes will definitely grow in time. Personally, It’s a band aid. IMHO
-
WTB: complete 240z parking brake handle
@Terrapin Z
-
Z's on BAT and other places collection
I did see those. Thanks
-
Z's on BAT and other places collection
Thanks Friend, By chance and I mean by chance do you possibly have a set of 240Z wiper arms? My 280 Restomod by all means looks like a 240Z and that’s one of the Holy Grail Items I’ve been looking for. I have a couple arms here I’ve bought over time but just can’t find a matching set. Would be glad to give you the p/n’s I have that are NOS and extremely ashamed of what I paid the gentleman. Stay in touch and I’m hoping you’re enjoying retirement. Definitely done a lot for the Z community. Thanks friend John
-
1975 280z Build
Contact JunkYard Jenny on her website.
-
1975 280z Build
How did you find it?
-
Light refresh of a 5-speed
If you have a rear sway bar, install it after the shaft. Much easier to get to the diff bolts.
- Downloading wiring diagrams
-
Light refresh of a 5-speed
I used my driveshaft on my conversion and the car was originally an automatic.
-
1975 280z Build
On the high idle, look for vacuum leaks coming into the system. Grab a can of carburetor cleaner or starting fluid and spot spray around vacuum areas. You will know when you find it. Keep moving forward, doing a great job.
-
Banjo fittings for carbs
@Seppi72 is using the JDM competition fuel rail. Factory Datsun competition rail with the same single barbed ends. Single line triple output. No return line.
-
Light refresh of a 5-speed
Old School Universal techniques Everywhere!!
-
Banjo fittings for carbs
@Seppi72, My OER setup came the same way with an option documented that various configurations are available and what I received was the generic setup. Ideally dead heading with a fuel return at the regulator is most popular from my research. Pressure adj. is critical on OER. Not sure what Webber recommends. My two cents
-
Accessory power question
Curious, What are you installing?
-
Banjo fittings for carbs
Curious how you’re going to get the directional angle correct if you install threaded elbows. Don’t know if that was a series of reasons to go the banjo route other than ease of installation.