zed2's Content - Page 24 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

zed2

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by zed2

  1. Driving a Z32 is a completely difference experience from the S30. Air conditioning, sound system, leather make the Z32 a great cruiser. The S30 is more "unrefined" and can be wrenched-on very easily. The Z32 is a far safer car, from the pretensioned seat belts to the crumple zone. (I am always conscious of this fact when I am riding with my kids or wife!) There are so few of both the Z32 and S30 in the Dallas area that I am often asked about both. (I do not really like to draw attention, since most want to race (Z32) or touch the car (S30). Neither propect excites me.) Both have their place in an enthusiast’s garage. Keith
  2. zed2 replied to LoneStarBQ's topic in Introductions
    Welcome, it's nice to see another 240Z being cared for in the Lone Star State! Keith
  3. Would either of these panels work? http://www.rustrepair.com/repair_panels/onlinecat.htm?r=ru&p=sm http://www.alfaparts.net/datsun.html I have one left side and two right side NOS. I am attempting to get one of the aftermarket panel suppliers to reproduce these parts on one stamping. (Currently, the aftermarket parts are only from the beltline down, not the full panel. I have been told this is because the limitations of UPS shipping requirements.) Keith
  4. Thanks for the clarification. Is it an OEM Nissan Accessory or aftermarket part? (If aftermarket, who was the manufacturer?) Is is for all S130 years or specific to 79-81 or 82-83? Do you have the part number for it? Keith P.S Motorsport Auto lists two distinct application periods: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/EA39/50-0006 http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/EA39/50-0007
  5. Thanks for the quick response! Is it an OEM Nissan Accessory or aftermarket part? (If aftermarket, who was the manufacturer?) Is is for all Z31 years or specific to 84-86 or 87-89? Do you have the part number for it? Keith P.S The OEM currently on ebay says "300ZX" rather than "Turbo" see: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Very-Rare-1987-89-Factory-Bra-for-Nissan-300zx_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50457QQihZ020QQitemZ300225936152QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
  6. This front mask with "Turbo" imprint was in a collection of Datsun/Nissan parts I acquired. (There is no part number or item number on it.) Can anyone identify what model it fits? Thanks in advance for your help. Keith
  7. Here you go. http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C0791063 You may try to locate AMELIA PEREDA to see if the business was reestablished under another name. Keith
  8. zed2 replied to 240ZGL's topic in Open Discussions
    Oiluj, I do not want to hijack this tread, so please let me know if I am off subject. How do you make a determination of "80% of store retail" when the parts are no longer available from Nissan or any other established retailer? Doesn't the nature of the auction environment establish the retail price? Once the higher bidder has won the auction, doesn't the non-winning bids establish the remaining market value? I am just getting stated in the ebay community as a seller of NOS Datsun parts and I am having difficulty establishing a comparable retail price for the items. Even when I list parts on the forums and craiglist, potential buyers want to know my lowest acceptable purchase price. How can/should this be determined? I am trying to understand how to retail with integrity. Keith
  9. zed2 replied to 240ZGL's topic in Open Discussions
    I am using ebay to meet many Datsun enthusiasts and many have been very friendly. Unfortunately, there is always a bad apple in the bunch, but you just have to "vet" the people you do business with. The honest sellers and buyers rarely make the headlines but they are out there, so don't get too discouraged. Keith
  10. I am about 85% though the parts. It is frustrating not knowing the models and years many of these parts fit! Keith Datsun Nissan parts#3.zip
  11. Unfortunately, the original "horse hair" jute was NLA many years ago. Nissan superseded the material with a compressed padding. I believe this the jute is similar to the Nissan material. http://www.lebaronbonney.com/osc/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=191 Keith
  12. I have added a tab on the excel worksheet for some of the publications. Unfortunately, the older publications do not have release dates on them. Keith Datsun Nissan parts#2.zip
  13. For anyone interested, here is my list so far. Does anyone know a web site I can use to look up the Datsun/Nissan model(s) a particular part fits? Thanks, Keith Datsun Nissan parts.zip
  14. So I was watching eBay last December and saw this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-DATSUN-NISSAN-PARTS-LOT-280Z-240Z-NEW-OLD-STOCK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33644QQihZ024QQitemZ370002984534QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW Well. this weekend I picked up my purchase. I'll have a few weeks to catalog what I bought. More to follow...
  15. Mauisnow13, Congragulations! This is a great place to find information about restoring your 240Z. Keith
  16. zed2 replied to d240zx2's topic in Open Chit Chat
    I heard he may be at Bankston Nissan of Lewisville 888-711-1297
  17. zed2 replied to NovaSS's topic in Interior
    William, I have a driver's side I would be willing to loan out. Do you have any experience manufacturing plastic trim? How long would you need my part? Thanks, Keith
  18. Tony D, Do you have a web link for Industrial Supply Houses? Thanks, Keith
  19. Arrived in Plano, Texas on 07/26/07
  20. Not in Plano, Texas as of 07/25/07
  21. Thanks, Keith
  22. Couldn't upload images????
  23. Dear Abby, I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice on What could be a crucial decision. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs... phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up.My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them." I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive. Although I can hear a car driving off, as if she has gotten out of the car round the corner. Why? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi? I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. I decided I was going to park my Datsun 240Z next to The garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my 240Z, that I noticed that the valve covers on my engine seemed to be leaking a little oil. Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer? Thanks, Gary
  24. zed2 replied to kcoke's topic in Help Me !!
    CARDONE INDUSTRIES Part No: 53-5245 Try O'Reilly Auto Parts Keith
  25. Email sent. Keith

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.