Everything posted by gnosez
-
240z Series I Steering Wheel & Horn Pads
Since the SeriesI had a different wheel style (no holes in the 3 arms) and they only made it for the first year, yes it will be more difficult but far from impossible. A good one should be in the $50-100 range and the horns I saw new on someone's part website not too long ago. (zparts.com?? maybe). I think MSA sells them too.
-
Air Filter Box bolts
Which ones do you need? The internal/external ones or both? I have them used. Let me know via post or private message...
-
Grounding Issues
Been over at zcar for some time but have grown tired of the lack of civility, decorum, etc. SilverBullet highly recommended this site and I've been on for a short while mostly reading old posts and learning. If a little knowledge is dangerous then I'm a little dangerous....
-
Intake and exhaust gasket
I too have a Rebello engine w/triples and I've had the MSA header gasket (cardboard like material) on my Z for 2 yrs (10,000 very hard miles) with no problems. Getting the intake and exhaust manifolds to line up correctly was a bear and required multiple attempts with the grinder to get the header right. The intake was fine, it was the coated MSA header that was off. I was pretty pissed after I completed this but it has never caused a problem since.
-
Grounding Issues
It seems that every electrical problem with my Z has been resolved by either putting in a better grounding strap or tightening the original one. I would suggest you locate every last one of your grounding locations and make sure it ready is a good ground (connection is tight, nut/bolt not rusty, wires in good shape) then tighten. Add a 8 gauge strap from the engine to the frame and you should be fine. Remember that there are several grounding locations on the frame (fuel pump- electric if you have one, lights, wiring harness along passenger side, lights, horns, etc) and may in the interior (the center console has at least one major one). I don't know what you do for a living but whatever it is you can't afford to pay some one to do this (I worked for over 40 hrs finding 2 bad connections in the dash. At $50/hr that'd be $2,000. just to fix a grounding issue). Get a test light and voltmeter and practice getting flexible since you'll be twisting yourself into small places under the dash, etc. A small foam pad is good for your knees. Good Luck......be there and done that.
-
240 and 280 underbody pannels...
Charlie Osbourne sells the best pans you can get. He has 2 versions, one that is OEM metal thickness and the more expensive on which is thicker. I sell seat brackets if you need them thru Charlie or at my website: www.baddogparts.com look under "Products"
-
Needy 240Z-G man!
If you want to see (and hear) a gnose (aftermarket) on the track go to: www.baddogparts.com and scroll down the right side. Headlight covers get installed this winter, with Wilwoods up front.
-
Diff Mount Dimensions?
nice and solid looking mounts! For our club race car we took a very slightly used diff mount and welded 1/4-inch bar stock that connects the 2 plates. Not a street ride unless you like that sort of thing or as pretty as your's or Dave's (AZ Z car) but it works real well. Look forward to seeing the finished product.......
-
Needy 240Z-G man!
I too had the gnose hots and after I crashed my last 240 I built a gnose one. The MSA nose is now better in fit and finish than it was 2 yrs ago. The installation is doable in several hours (8+) but you will need to fab a way to connect it to the car. It uses the stock lights (head and signal) but you need special hinges. I had them made and now sell them on my website. I bought the flares but decided not to use them. I had my rear fenders flared by rolling them and adding some bondo. Pics on my car on the website and at www.zccne.org (go to members' section). Email and I can provide more info if you'd like. There's a video with sound on my website of the car at the track last year.