Everything posted by zed74
-
ZG Flares
Post a note to 260DET - he has secured source of the proper Japenese ZG flares.
-
280ZX Coupes in Oz?
I agree with the L28Turbo - the L series engine really does lend itself to the Turbo. Also, I know where a 1979 2 seater fairlady 280ZX exists (in Brisbane) - however it has only ever been officially on the market once (approx. late 1999) wanted $7500 - $8500 back then. I have seen THE GENTLEMAN concerned in the last 6 months & I think he will only sell to a collector who will keep it original & will demand top dollar if he in fact decides to sell. Mention modified Z's & you are GONE!! It is a great car - original Japanese car (RHD) & of course has the L20 (2 litre) six cylinder engine with injection, 5 speed gearbox & nominates unleaded fuel only.
-
Expressions of interest
Hope you guys are aware that the Yellow 240Z (L series Turbo) won best sports car & best car at the show. The Z is certainly getting more popular!!
-
240z shell
Sounds like your Z was used in the "salt mines" - I have stripped down a few Z's & none have been that bad. Don't be afraid to pay a few extra dollars for a good shell - it will save you in the long run.
-
Spring choice in Oz
Go with the Kings.
-
Opinions/Knowledge on Triple SU's
We had 2 club members run the triple SU setup (with Aussie designed special run inlet manifold - only 12 or so made) & they were very good cars on both road & racetrack. I think a lot has to do with (a) inlet manifold design ( camshaft specs etc.
-
Considering 1973 Gtr Replica Project
Lachlan - I will take you up on the visit sometime in the next few weeks.
-
Considering 1973 Gtr Replica Project
Thanks for the info. Lachlan. I would like to have a look at what all the locals guys are doing - before I take my first steps into the unknown. I have been involved in the modification/restoration of 3 zed's (1977 260Z 2+2 with triple webers, 1976 260Z 2 seater with RB30T & Motec & 1974 260Z 2 seater full tarmac rally car for Classic Adelaide 2004 (Competition car no.513) Will be back for 2005 as well - great fun. Let me know if you guys meet at all.
-
Considering 1973 Gtr Replica Project
Am I mad ?? :stupid: Does anyone know of partly completed or completed projects in Australia. Any help would be appreciated.
- Rb25det-z