Best quality and price for foam seat inserts? - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Best quality and price for foam seat inserts?

Featured Replies

I'm looking to pad my THIN '71 240Z seats. I can only find foam seat inserts at MAS or Datsun Restore. The prices are $86 and $90 respectively. I assume these are the identical product both sell. Are these two sources my only option? Alternately, is there a later seat that fits properly and is cost effective? I don't race my Z and am only looking for comfort and style to match the period of this car.

MSA sells seat foam also. IIRC at about $80 per seat.

To my knowledge all of the seat foam out there for sale is manufactured by "Seatz". (a company in Los Angeles).

Seatz Mfg.

1575 W. Broadway

Anaheim, CA

800/235-8974

I think there has been several threads about replacement seats in the past. Might try a search.

I believe mine are from Datsun Restore via Chloe. Worked out fine. Carl is right I think that both kits are the same.

I got mine from classicdatsun.com. I think they were about $200/pair.

  • Author

Was it worth it? Did the comfort quota go up dramatically? I will go this route to keep the stock seats or look for alternatives (Miata, Prelude, etc.) if the cost and trouble of the new foam isn't worth it.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.