Map Light - Page 2 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Map Light

Featured Replies

I thought someone had done write up on this?

Anyone tried search?

He and others are working on LED replacements for the outside lights, and for the guages. The problem with LEDs is that they are too focused, and would make better lamps for a flashlight than something to illuminate a wide area like the guage faces or the area under the map light. You'd need a row or two of closely-spaced LEDS for something like the map light.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

You can buy an LED substitute for the incandescent bulb in a Maglight or Mini Maglight. From using my Faraday flashlight, I'll bet that the LEDs are pretty bright and focused and you could probably leave the light on all night and still have enough battery left for the next night.

  • Author

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice. I'm very intrigued by the LED's, damn our lighting is . . . lacking!!! However, sadly I find myself bitten by the bug, constantly looking @ Ebay, searching for info on this and that, "Hello my name is Jim and I'm "Z" addicted" . . . sigh!!!

You have to make the led map light your self

Hello suzook86,

I have a map light from a '71. Its not in pristine condition and one of the wires has had the original connector replaced with a crimp on but it is serviceable. I got a nice one when I replaced my dash. I also have the original flat bezel without the hood if you are interested.

Best,

H Houghton

PS I'm just up the hill from you in Santa Fe

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.