My first Z - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

My first Z

Featured Replies

When in highschool I dated an MG lover and almost ended up with an MGB GT. But as luck would have it I saw the Z in 1970 and started saving my pennies. I ordered a 240 in 1972 and it came in an automatic-no thank you. I went to another dealer and again it came in an automatic and the wrong color. Zs were hard to get on the East coast and there was a long wait. I pulled my deposit again and another dealer told me he won some kind of dealer lottery to show the new 260z. He received 3 at the dealership. He took one for himself, a doctor had pre-ordered on and he offered me the third providing it sat in the showroom for 6 weeks. It was locked up. The wait was excrutiating, but in the end I got to drive it out of the showroom through the doors to the street. How cool is that? I still have this car with only 40k original miles and just purchased another. Gosh I love this car.:love:

Cool story, it would have been great if you took some pics of it in the showroom and you drving it out!

Wow, that is truly an amazing story... great to have you here ;)

Does this dealer have any 350Z's from a lottery as well?:D

  • Author

It is funny you asked, just a week ago the 350 was at the same dealership for a showing. I'm kind of a biased older version owner and thought that the engineers had raped an Audi and the love child was half Toyota Avalon. In time I may learn to love this...this well since I can't say something nice I won't say something at all. Thanks for listening. Bill

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.