Eibach psrings arrived, WAY SHORTER than stock????? - Page 2 - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Eibach psrings arrived, WAY SHORTER than stock?????

Featured Replies

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead but i got some questions...I am about to buy a suspension for my 240 and i want to know will the Eibach PR springs have the same stance on the 240z as the 260 in the above post? That is the stance i am going for...

I am currantly debating on the Tokico suspension or the Eibach PR springs...what would you guys recommend...

  • Author

It should be very similar to the 260Z stance. I have KYB struts and Eibach PR springs and here's what it looks like. Also, I have 225/50ZR16's if that helps.

Dave.

post-4921-14150805884026_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150805884348_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150805884762_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1415080588523_thumb.jpg

Thanks Dave...your car looks awesome. How is the ride quality with the Eibach GR2 combo? would you recommend this set up over the Tokicos?

  • Author

I personally love it, though there are others who prefer the Tokicos. Unfortunately for you, everyone has their own "Preferred" product. I love KYB's and Eibachs, hands down.

They react (tight in the corners) when I want them too and are nice and smooth on the freeway. Most will tell you not to use KYB's with Lowering springs but I've yet to find out why, as mine still work awesome.

Dave

I'm quite pleased with my KYBs, but I'm also one of those guys Dave mentioned who warn against KYBs with lowering springs, for two reasons. One is that KYB themselves state that GR-2 shocks and strut inserts should not be used with lowering springs. On a more personal note, I myself have done just that on a previous (non-Datsun) car, and the struts were toast after about 6 months due to either damage from bottoming (I don't think so), or being overworked and over heated as they tried to control spring rates and travel that they weren't designed for. Granted, that was many years ago, when GR-2s were fairly new on the market. And your results may vary (as Dave has found). But I think I'd go with Tokicos or Konis if I were lowering my Z.

Just my thoughts...

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.