81 280zx turbo blinker problem - Classic ZX - 2nd to 4th Generation - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

81 280zx turbo blinker problem

Featured Replies

Hello folks, I recently bought a 1981 280zx turbo and it runs fantastic, however I have run into some electrical problems. The blinkers stopped working and I had 3 dash lights always on (Fuel, Door, and Brake). There was also a buzzing noise coming from a relay under the passenger side dash. I have no idea what relay it is, however when i disconnected it the buzzing goes away and the 3 lights turn off. Now when I engage either side of the blinker, the blinker relay behind the steering wheels buzzes away and they still do not work. Also, when I put the car in reverse the 3 dash warning lights turn back on. Does anybody have any idea what this could be and am I going to have to take out the dash and check all connections to all the relays? Any help would be much appreciated!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.