What is this part called and purpose? - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What is this part called and purpose?

Featured Replies

Inside rear brake drums each side has one of these. Something for the parking brake cable?? When I dropped my car off at the body shop it was a “rolling” chassis...later I came and picked up all the suspension. I didn’t take loose the cable so I’m not sure if this works with the cable somehow. All I know is I can’t find them anywhere on any brake parts webpages. Of course a stud on each broke when I was disconnecting everything from the rear brakes. I can try and fix them, or if I knew what they were called I may could search them up. Thanks. 
 

 

053929CA-9B1A-40C6-8E58-E6CBB4CF4EE6.jpeg

5BF8EC09-BED2-4199-B836-09250E42982B.jpeg

It's the "Anchor Block". The top part of each brake shoe "rests" and pivots on this part. It's a solid and static point for one end of the shoe while at the bottom of the brake assembly the brake cylinder can expand or contract the shoe to engage or release the brake drum.

Non-wordy answer: You need that for your rear brakes to work.

  • Author

Anchor block searched....anchor block found. Thank you sir!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.